+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crewe Alexandra FC 24.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I didnt need to fact is we were 6th in table and got 8 goals in his last two home games.

This guy looks to have turned us into a Kiwomya side no passion or sharpness on / off the ball.

Im confident had LW been here we'd have more points put it that way.

Nobody can argue this is a poor start but its not just results the concern is the performances too, wonder what RM the flash laptop guys stats say now cant spin this sh*t.
    LW lost 4 of his last 6 games - i dont think LW would have done any better against Wrexham, Mansfied and Crewe etc as he had already lost to them earlier in the season
    Read my comments on another post, its the players most of them are not promotion material who ever the maanger is

You are entitled to your opinion.

Mine is LW is levels above SM so imo we'd have done better doesnt matter about games earlier ìn the season its a different day with different players.

One thing I will say is we are going nowhere under this guy this season and then next seadon is a worry when JJ and ML go.

If it stays 1-3 Maynard will be on 0.67 PPG, that's worse than Fullarton's departing PPG.

It would be fairer to compare the first 6 games points total of all managers than PPG at this stage, I'll post that later, though I don't think that will be kind to Maynard either.

Maynard to become the first Notts manager to lose back to back home league games since Nolan ahead of the FA Cup meeting with Swansea. (Nolan and Crossley also managed 2 between them after that, Sep 2018).
    And Maynard is the first to go 3 home league without a win since Ardley.

Basically SM has to win on Tuesday for his own sake more than anything.

I hope he turns it around but my concern is how slow we are at moving the ball now its a huge worry.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion.

Mine is LW is levels above SM so imo we'd have done better doesnt matter about games earlier ìn the season its a different day with different players.

One thing I will say is we are going nowhere under this guy this season and then next seadon is a worry when JJ and ML go.
    Possibly true that we are not going anywhere with SM but we were only going mid table with LW also
    But i do not buy LW was levels above SM, as the important thing is- we were already dropping fast under LW. I could understand it if we were playing well under LW, and all that changed when SM came in, but that did not happen, since \SM came in we have just continued playing poorly and dropping furthjer down the league

Some save there from Sam Austins effort but all too little too late

FT 1-3

Both brothers were in the stands watching this today.

Stall: A comfortable victory for Crewe, Notts were pretty awful. Went from a back 4 to back 3 in 15 mins, chopping and changing throughout. Notts slipping back into the pack. Tuesday must win.

Saying LW's record was just as bad makes no sense. Apart from the fact he was on his way near the end so focus wasn't there, we won 5-0 against Morecambe, a decent side, 2 games before the end. Telecomms engineer Maynard will never win 5-0 if he stays until we're all dead. Which, given a 3.5 year contract, may be the case for some of us. It's a terrible appointment, just face facts.

Kinnell. A large dose of win-at-all-costs passion needed on Tuesday. Sigh...

Stags on top too. At least the Florists got stuffed.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast