+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 126 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Go and quote it please. Blocked on the internet here
    I’ll summarise for you.

Hedges is a huge gamble. Very injury prone. Has barely played much football in recent years because of it. Isn’t quick but has quick feet. Final ball rate is poor. Sounds like a ****ing dream McInnes signing to me.

Still young at 23. From New Orleans summary he sounds like an even poorer version of Greg Stewart. Hopefully we're proved wrong. Good luck Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    I’ll summarise for you.

Hedges is a huge gamble. Very injury prone. Has barely played much football in recent years because of it. Isn’t quick but has quick feet. Final ball rate is poor. Sounds like a ****ing dream McInnes signing to me.
    Sounds like an ideal replacement for Greg Stewart.

That's him signed though, so welcome to the lad - hope he does great for us and creates plenty chances for Stevie May to miss next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Go and quote it please. Blocked on the internet here
    Ryan Hedges looks set for a move to Aberdeen according to a report.

The Press and Journal are reporting the Barnsley wideman is close to agreeing a deal that would see him become Derek McInnes’ side’s first summer signing.

The Welshman looks set for a move north. (Photo by Nathan Munkley/Action Plus via Getty Images)

Hedges is good when on top form, but that isn’t exactly very often. He has decent ability, but like most wingers, his game is riddled with inconsistency. He’s also massively prone to injury.

He might be a decent winger, but do the negatives outweigh the positives for Aberdeen as they look set to sign the Barnsley man?

Hedges isn’t reliable

I hate being negative about players before they even start or sign with a club. I have no doubts that on his day Hedges could change games for Aberdeen with his trickery out on the wing, but that day really doesn’t come about very often.

Inconsistency is found in Hedges’ game. (Photo by James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images)

When fit he’s like a Welsh Niall McGinn. He’s not the quickest winger in the world, but his quick foot work is great to watch and hard for defenders to deal with.

That sounds good and may be something Aberdeen want to get their hands on. There are a few lingering weaknesses in his game though.

First of all, the main one, injury. He only made five League One starts last season in what was a stop-start campaign, making just 11 in the past two seasons.

The Barnsley winger is injury-prone. (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)

He clearly can’t keep fit or hold a consistent run of form to get successive starts. His end product is also lacking. Since the 2014/15 season, he has scored eight goals and managed seven assists in 96 league appearances.

That isn’t a great record. With Mackay-Steven not penning a new deal as of yet, and Niall McGinn on the way back from injury, the Dons really could be doing with someone who delivers more than Hedges.

McInnes can’t attract the best players in the world but they must think carefully about whether they want to sign Hedges. This could be the big break the Welshman needs, or it could be another stop-start experience neither Aberdeen or him want to deal with

Good luck to the lad.
    Let's be honest, no-one on here knows anything about him really, or have seen him play.

Give him a chance and let's hope we've got a decent player on our hands.

Welcome onboard loon.

Hope he does well. Canna be any worse than Greg Stewart that's for sure so onwards & upwards.

Good to see Danny Ward bigging the club up too.

Hope GMS's @rse is twitching like a rabbits nose now. Off you pop, there's a good chap...

Just smacks of goodwullie this
    Was ****e for Motherwell to try and get it back cause he's let himself go.
    Would take a year or so to get him fully fit again and by then he'll be 33/34

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's young Benson signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Good luck Benson.
    Lol, you guys were confusing me as I though we were trying to get a loan deal for this creative midfielder.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...r/josh-benson/

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lol, you guys were confusing me as I though we were trying to get a loan deal for this creative midfielder.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...r/josh-benson/
    That will be in the sun imorn

Page 126 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast