+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

re: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

Right enough though, the add ons are a feck ing joke for gig tickets.

Gan to Jesse Malin at the Oran Mor in July, ticket was summat like £15.

Turns out the Oran Mor has some kind of tie in with Tickets Scotland, or Gigs Scotland. Something like that.

This mob, in turn, seem to link to Ticketb@5tard.

So I phones Oran Mor to see if I could just get a ticket at the box office.

Nuh, have to go through this website, in turn through Ticketb@st@rd.

It's one thing stadium acts forcing you into the arms of these behemoths, but for a gig like Jesse Malin at a venue like Oran Mor........ the game is defo f u c ked.

Aye D*ck Turpin. And I can't even say D*ck anyway on this site

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob
    Right enough though, the add ons are a feck ing joke for gig tickets.

Gan to Jesse Malin at the Oran Mor in July, ticket was summat like £15.

Turns out the Oran Mor has some kind of tie in with Tickets Scotland, or Gigs Scotland. Something like that.

This mob, in turn, seem to link to Ticketb@5tard.

So I phones Oran Mor to see if I could just get a ticket at the box office.

Nuh, have to go through this website, in turn through Ticketb@st@rd.

It's one thing stadium acts forcing you into the arms of these behemoths, but for a gig like Jesse Malin at a venue like Oran Mor........ the game is defo f u c ked.
    You say the game is a bogey.

For the venue/supplier
    They don't have to employ ticketing staff.
    The money goes directly into their account (less costs), they aren't paying the individual transaction costs associated with credit/debit card payments and so on

All in all at a time when a lot of smaller

I understand what you're saying, but when you can't walk into a small venue and buy tickets for a show in that venue, to me, there's something wrong.
    Also, I'd prefer the £2, £3, £4 fees that go to Ticketb@stard to go to the bands, venues etc.

I hear your point about the overheads, fees etc. but these things can be administered relatively cheaply these days.
    And there are opportunities to use other local independent outlets rather than TB.

The last two gigs I've been at Oran Mor, I've just turned up on the night and bought tickets. Maybe that's different as the last few tickets probably go to the venue to allow for walk up fans.

The game deffo is a bogey. I'm not sure the artists are that bothered any more. I always thought Radiohead were one of the more conscious bands. I know it's a different subject but secondary ticketing sites do my head in. There were tickets for Radiohead's Roundhouse gigs changing hands on viagogo for over £700.

Most of these big gigs nowadays sellout almost straight away yet secondary sites are selling them. Sites like seatwave are owned by Ticketmaster. That can't be right.

Those after selling c@nts are total c@nts. 99% of the time. A week after Donington tickets came out there were 5night camping weekend tickets for sale on there for 650 quid. The site are c@nts for allowing it and the sellers are c@nts for snapping up heaps of tickets.

Anyway good luck with that as those type of Donington tickets are not sold out and still on the go today for face 220 quid

But and theres always a but. I went to see Slayer/Anthrax in November at the ABC, didnt have a ticket as i was supposed to be offshore. Went on to Getmein and got one for face value and no add ons so it worked out cheaper as Getmeins fees didnt total what was originally added on. But that is an affa rare occasion. Obviously someone who genuinley couldnt make the gig

Gumtree is the best if you need tickets in my experience

Oi System of a Don

Far you at these days min

Donington this year?

Speaking of festivals, the full Glasto line-up was announced today. Some beauties on there but the majority is pi!sh. Anyone else going this year or been before and have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob
    Oh aye, mark up of summat like £20-£30 on the same gig 3 years ago.
    But, having said that, still a heap cheaper than pretty much every other stadium show on the go.

And in terms of value for money...................no other stadium show comes close.
    Aye, this ^^. I reckon it's not bad value for money. I quite like The River, but not all of it, I'd probably have gone anyway, but I'm a bit more enthusiastic he's now doing more "other stuff" too. Dublin set-lists looked ace, either of them, so beers, some sun and The Boss isn't a bad combo

Last Shadow Puppets last night at the Newcastle City Hall. Fantastic. The two of them bounce off each other pretty well. The string quartet were awesome too. Great venue for a gig. Despite there being seats I stood through it

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast