+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Match Thread vs Morecambe

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    They didn't batter us. Chettle cost us 2 points with his bizarre/crap tactics of 10 men defending on the edge of our box for 35 mins, it was only going to end one way. Bringing on Etete with 45 seconds left to play was disgraceful. If we had put him on with 20 mins left, took the waste of space Thomas off, gone 4-4-2, we would have won comfortably
    It was Nolan all over again, as soon as we scored we sat back and let them come at us. I stand by my original statement, they absolutely battered us in the 2nd half and a point is the least they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It was Nolan all over again, as soon as we scored we sat back and let them come at us. I stand by my original statement, they absolutely battered us in the 2nd half and a point is the least they deserved.
    Should have stopped in the Hurley Flyer Navy..

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Their confidence is shattered, navypie. I hope it's recovered before season's end - long before season's end.

Compare yesterday's performance with Notts V Crawley, a 3-1 win. We carried on attacking and got more than one goal, confidence was high, but if we had sat back then, after scoring first, we would have seen a preview of yesterday's result. We have now gone back to trying to defend a one goal lead, with the usual result.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Should have stopped in the Hurley Flyer Navy..
    Had a coke in there boxing day . Didn't bother yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Their confidence is shattered, navypie. I hope it's recovered before season's end - long before season's end.

Compare yesterday's performance with Notts V Crawley, a 3-1 win. We carried on attacking and got more than one goal, confidence was high, but if we had sat back then, after scoring first, we would have seen a preview of yesterday's result. We have now gone back to trying to defend a one goal lead, with the usual result.
    Hewitt is a player I like , will never be a Notts great but is so obviously a confidence player. Yesterday he started well and you could see he was up for it. When we scored and Chettle told every man to drop you could see his confidence was shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

It has always been the case that defending deep to protect a 1-0 lead does not work. You need an outlet to relieve pressure. Etete came on for Dennis on 90 plus 5. Hardy should have sacked Chettle straight after the match for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It has always been the case that defending deep to protect a 1-0 lead does not work. You need an outlet to relieve pressure. Etete came on for Dennis on 90 plus 5. Hardy should have sacked Chettle straight after the match for that.
    You really are delued if you think a kid might have won us the game .

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213