+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Doncaster Rovers FC 26.12.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    AN and JJ are completely different players - it’s just unfortunate for Aaron that Jodi is clearly at least a league above this level and his ability to beat a man with a bit of trickery is second-to-none. It’s old-school “winger wizardry” that we haven’t seen at the Lane in many years (since David Smith?).
    Steve Carter?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    For me, it was a penalty.
    If it’s at the other end I’m screaming for a penalty but fully expect it wouldn’t be given!
    If that is given, he has to give every single touch in the box, also, did he not notice the ball was clearly not on the spot, didn't help anything but just a poor referee all around

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If that is given, he has to give every single touch in the box, also, did he not notice the ball was clearly not on the spot, didn't help anything but just a poor referee all around
    I was level-ish with the spot and tbf I think it was just one of them where a centimetre of the ball was just over the edge of the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I was level-ish with the spot and tbf I think it was just one of them where a centimetre of the ball was just over the edge of the spot.
    Watch the highlights, the ball wasn't even close, like I said, didn't help him, probably even hindered him, but the ref was looking straight at it and never even raised it

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not every single touch but certainly every shove in the back, which quite often aren’t given.
    After JJ makes the challenge he turns and looks at the ref. I think he knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Quite surprised no one has mentioned how good Sam Austin was today.
    He was excellent aagoainst Stockport too and is fitting g in to that left side of midfield really well.
    We can never doubt his work rate but is now being very intelligent with his use of the ball.
    When he took over from JJ he got a couple of great balls over into the box..
    A word of praise for Aaron, he gets some great balls into some dangerous areas in the box but there were times when we didn't attack that space. I thought he did well today.
    I’ve been the first to criticise Austin in the past and didn’t think he had the ability to play CM. Yesterday he showed a massive improvement, he was actually involved and making a difference instead of being a passenger. Doncaster were dreadful mind, so it’ll be interesting to see if he can find some consistency in that position.

One thing that can never be aimed at Sam is a poor attitude or being lazy. He gives absolutely everything and I was glad that he got the whole game (and the fist pump!) yesterday. It’s interesting that throughout our poor run he has played in every game, meaning LW trusts and values him….and that means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Steve Carter?
    Still one of my favourite ever players

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’ve been the first to criticise Austin in the past and didn’t think he had the ability to play CM. Yesterday he showed a massive improvement, he was actually involved and making a difference instead of being a passenger. Doncaster were dreadful mind, so it’ll be interesting to see if he can find some consistency in that position.

One thing that can never be aimed at Sam is a poor attitude or being lazy. He gives absolutely everything and I was glad that he got the whole game (and the fist pump!) yesterday. It’s interesting that throughout our poor run he has played in every game, meaning LW trusts and values him….and that means a lot.
    I watched Stockport and Doncaster on iFollow replay, and thought Austin was pretty good in both. Amusingly, almost every time Austin touched the ball in the Stockport match, he was misnamed as another player.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213