+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Magic Murray in Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by 1903_Redz View Post
    Drove me crazy watching that match last night! Andy made an absolute cnut of it!
    Since he's got himself so big and bulked he seems to have forgotten about the finesse side of his game, he just wants to bludgeon the other guy off the court now.
    The Jap lad done an Andy Murray on Andy last night... just kept the ball in play and waited for Murray to lose patience and skelp it out of play.
    IMO he showed a real chink in his armour last night. In fact Djok knows all about Murrays mental weakness and has exposed it a few times with his play acting with strains / injuries. Murray could be doing with sports psychologist.

I don't see it that way at all.

What Murray certainly lacked was trying to blast Nishikori off the court.

He was quite happy just returning the ball.

When Murray has you on the run he tends to play a weak middle of the court (no mans land return), allowing the opponent to get back into the point.

I think he was a bit worried about losing and used that interruption as an excuse.

Still, it's hard to criticise the guy really.

He's been the best player on the planet for a number of months now.

he's already claimed one of the best ever spots.

needs to work on his P.R. more and his mental attitude of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    I don't see it that way at all.

What Murray certainly lacked was trying to blast Nishikori off the court.

He was quite happy just returning the ball.

When Murray has you on the run he tends to play a weak middle of the court (no mans land return), allowing the opponent to get back into the point.

I think he was a bit worried about losing and used that interruption as an excuse.

Still, it's hard to criticise the guy really.

He's been the best player on the planet for a number of months now.

he's already claimed one of the best ever spots.

needs to work on his P.R. more and his mental attitude of course.
    It's funny how differently folk see games / matches... i just don't agree with you at all there.

That match the other night, Murray just tried thumping it as hard as he could at the boy, he was putting way too much into his first serve which was failing him badly. You don't need me to tell you that when you try to put too much power into shots the timing goes off and you mis-hit. That's what i saw continuously the other night. Jap lad showed the patience Murray normally shows and waited for Murray to fcuk it up, which obviously he did on regular occasions.

Don't think i'm bashing him cos i don't like him.... just the opposite and that's why i was so annoyed the other night, he's capable of so much better.

As for his P.R... you sound English coming out with that sh!te. That's typical Jock bashing to criticise Murrays personality like that. I love the fact he mumbles and gives short answers, he's a bloody good tennis player, not some stage actor.

Speaking about personality... not that he was ever going to get it anyway, but he's probably just blasted himself right out the running for the BBC Sports Personality of the year award with that display the other night. Of course it'll be going to the current darlings of the BBC Trott and Kenny.

Speaking about personality... not that he was ever going to get it anyway, but he's probably just blasted himself right out the running for the BBC Sports Personality of the year award with that display the other night. Of course it'll be going to the current darlings of the BBC Trott and Kenny.
    He's still big favourite. He must be pretty popular with the public these days as he's won it twice in the last 3 years. Think the cyclists may have their votes split ruling them out.

It's funny how differently folk see games / matches... i just don't agree with you at all there.

That match the other night, Murray just tried thumping it as hard as he could at the boy, he was putting way too much into his first serve which was failing him badly. You don't need me to tell you that when you try to put too much power into shots the timing goes off and you mis-hit. That's what i saw continuously the other night. Jap lad showed the patience Murray normally shows and waited for Murray to fcuk it up, which obviously he did on regular occasions.

Don't think i'm bashing him cos i don't like him.... just the opposite and that's why i was so annoyed the other night, he's capable of so much better.

As for his P.R... you sound English coming out with that sh!te. That's typical Jock bashing to criticise Murrays personality like that. I love the fact he mumbles and gives short answers, he's a bloody good tennis player, not some stage actor.

Have you read many of my posts.

I would say I'm one of the most vehemently supportive proud of Scotland's sporting prowess posters here.

I've bigged Murray up since he came on the scene.

I love the guy too but what I'm saying is...he should IMO, up the anti when it comes to marketing himself.

Play on the Scottish thing for Scottish people.

So what if he mumbles?i don't care. I loved Jockey Wilson ..you are wrong about who you think I am.

What I would like to see is Murray's confidence come out...maybe some cockiness like Djokovic and Federer...he's like a deer in headlights a little and succumbs to the English gentry and press because he made a comment years ago which they jumped on.

and his p.r. Includes not spitting the dummy out when things go against himon court.

It doesn't change my mind about him but it makes him less popular in a worldly sense, I can guarantee you that.

wouldn't be so bad if he controlled that part of himself eh?

Wawrinka now 3/3 in Slam finals. He's been somewhat fortuitous that he has played an injured Nadal and Djokovic in two of those finals but credit where credit is due - he brings his top game to these occasions.

Nowhere near the player Murray is but the same number of Slams. Murray has had his fair share of Slam Finals against the top guys in top form but he's also had a few where he was well below his best or where chances were missed. 2015 AO Final springs to mind.

Andy through to the final of the Shanghai Masters 1000. He won last week without dropping a set and hasn't lost one this week either.

Novak won this last year and lost in the semi's today so big movement in ranking points coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Andy through to the final of the Shanghai Masters 1000. He won last week without dropping a set and hasn't lost one this week either.

Novak won this last year and lost in the semi's today so big movement in ranking points coming up.
    Won again in straight sets - 20 sets in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Won again in straight sets - 20 sets in a row now.
    Djokovic's huge lead in the rankings is now dwindling away.

Andy could be #1 by early Next month. Even if that doesn't happen it likely will early next year as Djokovic is defending virtually everything up until April.

Total domination once he got past the first set, and his slight hiccup at the start of the second set. Looking pretty powerful right now, and the likes of Nadal and Federer on the slide. Plus there's obviously something bothering Djokovic just now too.

Something's definitely up with that druggie Djokovic. Maybe trouble at home, or his doctor told him to lay off the drugs before they kill him.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast