+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There are several artisan golf clubs.
    Perth Artisan golf club and Arbroath Artisan golf club before it merged with the ‘toffs’ Arbroath Golf Club.
    Paying money to sit in Dens Park screaming and shouting at people kicking a football about could also be classed as pointless.
    Just because a golf club has artisan in its name it doesn't mean golf is an 'artisan sport'. Neither is football an artisan sport, although it is a sport at least.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Possibly these are more popular than 18 holes of golf and would be busier though and be used more.
    I would not fancy go to a golf driving range in Camperdown Park during the dark evenings in the winter months especially with some of the other going ons in Camperdown Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The driving range with tracking and all the bells and whistles will be more expensive than the golf.....
    In my opinion people who use a golf driving range are just practising their faults.
    A driving range is no substitute for playing golf on a golf course. I used to feel cheated when on the odd occasion I played golf on a 9 hole golf course as the second time round you were playing the same golf course again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Fundamentally different. The waterfront development is for the benefit all the people of Dundee (I wish I believed that). Camperdown golf course is for the very small number of people of Dundee and the surrounding area that play golf - if the council's spending money it should be spent on everyone not just the old and rich.
    You have obviously not heard about junior golfers.
    Public golf courses were built to cater for people wishing to play golf who could not afford to join a private member’s golf club.
    When I joined Downfield Golf Club at the beginning of July 1966 my annual subscription cost £2 12s 6d.

Just because a golf club has artisan in its name it doesn't mean golf is an 'artisan sport'. Neither is football an artisan sport, although it is a sport at least.
    People playing golf are taking exercise whereas people sitting in the stands at Dens Park are taking no exercise and in some cases coming home after the game hoarse from shouting.
    That did not often happen when Neil McCann was the manager as he had the Dundee players continually playing the ball across the pitch or backwards. It was enough to put Dundee supporters to sleep.

a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand describes the membership of the founders of these clubs. a golf club for artisans. Tradition played a big part in the making of golf clubs where groups of similarly minded people got together to create their course, or clubhouse etc. There was a shared background which helped to build their friendships. I don't think artisan ever correctly describes any sport because of the meaning of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand describes the membership of the founders of these clubs. a golf club for artisans. Tradition played a big part in the making of golf clubs where groups of similarly minded people got together to create their course, or clubhouse etc. There was a shared background which helped to build their friendships. I don't think artisan ever correctly describes any sport because of the meaning of the word.
    Absolutely agree the members of a golf club can be artisans, as can the people that built the course and even the people that build the bats - but golf is no artisan sport.

Quote Originally Posted by deeranged View Post
    absolutely agree the members of a golf club can be artisans, as can the people that built the course and even the people that build the bats - but golf is no artisan sport.
    correct!

I would not fancy go to a golf driving range in Camperdown Park during the dark evenings in the winter months especially with some of the other going ons in Camperdown Park.
    What about car parking situation.😉

In my opinion people who use a golf driving range are just practising their faults.
    A driving range is no substitute for playing golf on a golf course. I used to feel cheated when on the odd occasion I played golf on a 9 hole golf course as the second time round you were playing the same golf course again.
    Correct

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)