+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I disagree, plenty, including myself were not overly excited with the appointment and predicted it wouldnt work. Its looking more and more that the predictions are sadly coming true, no one wanted him to fail as no one wants another season in this sh1te league and being honest i dont think we can survive another season down here with zero TV revenue and the likes of Dumbarton etc coming to Tannadice paying at the gate, no way can we afford to stay down another year in what is arguably the weakest championship for f ucking years! I dont think anyone hasnt backed him, ST has backed him with money and we the support have backed him with significant season ticket sales, two years in a row!
    I agree with nearly all of that apart from some fans clearly haven't backed him from the start hence my stance on it.

some fans criticise him and i dont blame them, how can you when we ahev had 2 decent performances since he came here? Partick first half and QOS away? Fans have every right as its not good enough. PATY will take a blow as long as he's in charge as the product on display is quite frankly shocking. What gets me is looking at the players we have majority are SPL standard or have plenty SPL experience yet we still cant string a few passes together and seem to get bullied.

im just hoping he learns from mistakes from last season.

if we can hold up our home form from last season and improve our away form then we can easily win the league it might not be pretty but promotion is the target and i personally couldnt care how we get there aslong as we get there. its a big month coming up for Ray he really does need to get a good/comfortable win under his belt or fans will never be satisfied (rightly so). and he also needs to prove that this year is different by being able to go to falkirk and not lose in the league.

come out the next four with more than 7pts then we are in a decent position, any less then maybe curtains imo

I find it bizarre that those who criticise Mackinnon are somehow seen to hope he fails.
    We're all United fans and would be delighted to see him lead us to the title.
    From last season and this season it just seems unlikely.

For a place that's suffered one defeat in 32 games Tannadice ain't exactly buzzing, is it?

Please check my stat, I think I saw 32 somewhere.

Results don't matter, it's all about the performance.

Personally while I'd prefer results over performances there is no doubt we should be dictating games against most if not all the other sides in this league. The excuses are wearing thin, he set us to fail against St Mirren playing it down and saying we're not fully sharp. We have a side that is capable of winning this league at a canter and it's about time they showed this.
    Over the past few years our side has not been able to handle any adversity, that has to change and McKinnon could show some passion instead of appearing all pally with his players. The future of our club is at stake after all.
    Starting with Dumbarton on Saturday, I want to see us play at a fast tempo and dominate the game, we are due one over them but I won't be holding my breath.
    If after the two away games against Falkirk and Dunfermline we have been bullied and outfought McKinnon should go.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Results don't matter, it's all about the performance.
    Hold on Terry...If we were playing well every week & somehow losing I don't think there would be much sympathy.
    That's putting it mildly.
    My favourite truism in football is 'You are only as good as your last game'.

In the past Dundee United were noted for playing open, attacking, exciting football. It helped to turn the tables on the Fun having a bigger support. Wee Jim worked absolute wonders. United gained supporters from Angus, Fife and beyond, which they would never have had without the attractive style of football they played. We all want results, the right results, but if they are not accompanied by attractive football, we will suffer in the long run. Newbie supporters are not going to follow a team that is playing crap football, no matter how many games they grind out wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Personally while I'd prefer results over performances there is no doubt we should be dictating games against most if not all the other sides in this league. The excuses are wearing thin, he set us to fail against St Mirren playing it down and saying we're not fully sharp. We have a side that is capable of winning this league at a canter and it's about time they showed this.
    Over the past few years our side has not been able to handle any adversity, that has to change and McKinnon could show some passion instead of appearing all pally with his players. The future of our club is at stake after all.
    Starting with Dumbarton on Saturday, I want to see us play at a fast tempo and dominate the game, we are due one over them but I won't be holding my breath.
    If after the two away games against Falkirk and Dunfermline we have been bullied and outfought McKinnon should go.

This pretty much sums up how Im feeling.....I hoped that Ray would come in and shake the place up as it badly needs it, but it seems that whilts he talks a good game and has attracted some good players in he seems daunted by the task.

100% hope he gets them to kick it up a couple of notches - surely to god he wants a higher tempo. A couple of closed door games required where he can get this sorted away from public glare and where he can drill them(would be how I would address it).

Otherwise I fear the jobs too big for Ray.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)