+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: St Mirren v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Michael Stewart says that Miovski's penalty should not have stood, because he touched the ball twice.
    Apart from the Hibs and Hearts references, theses are my YouTube search results for Michael Stewart Manchester United:-

Certainly looks to me that it was a double hit, if you look at the spin on the ball when it's travelling to the goal then it doesn't seem "natural" considering how Miovski appears to have went to hit it with his foot.

Looks more like he's hit the ball off the toes of his 2nd foot and that's where the spin has came in.

Not conclusive with the video evidence though so happy to get away with it.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Certainly looks to me that it was a double hit, if you look at the spin on the ball when it's travelling to the goal then it doesn't seem "natural" considering how Miovski appears to have went to hit it with his foot.

Looks more like he's hit the ball off the toes of his 2nd foot and that's where the spin has came in.

Not conclusive with the video evidence though so happy to get away with it.
    What game exactly are we "playing" these days ?;!! Double hits , my arse. It's utter , utter toldies.

As is this current "penalty" rule. Neither award or as a true and real foul deserving a penalty award.

As is the current car interpretation of Offside. Ooh , his shoulder/elbow/nose and eyebrow were offside.

It's all utter complete *******S !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We missed every 50/50 on Saturday, had no shape, didn’t get close to any of their players & it looked like none of them had the faintest idea what we were meant to be doing. The fact we got a draw from it, is a crime against football. It was total pish
    Ah, so it wasn't just me who saw that.

Our away form has been awful for a number of years now,for some reason we are seeing these type of performances away from home on a regular basis.

The most alarming thing is it’s been completely different management teams and players for the last few years but the performances away from home haven’t been good enough.

Not sure why that is the case especially because we are shelling out a fair amount of cash these days but are still struggling against the likes of St Mirren and Livingston.

Hopefully once everyone has settled in we will start to see an improvement.

With regards to the offside rule, it has to be remembered that level was offside not so long ago.

When the ball was played forward there needed to be two players between the forward and the goal line.

Having said that, yes its böllocks.
    As for the double touch on the penalty, god help us.
    Did he do it to gain an advantage?

�� let's all do the double touch ��

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    With regards to the offside rule, it has to be remembered that level was offside not so long ago.

When the ball was played forward there needed to be two players between the forward and the goal line.

Having said that, yes its böllocks.
    As for the double touch on the penalty, god help us.
    Did he do it to gain an advantage?

�� let's all do the double touch ��
    "Common sense" would dictate that it should only be the feet that dictate an offside position ?

As for double touch... . Feck right off. Whataboutery all this stupid stuttering run ups etc. They're ungentlemanly conduc( As is feigning contact. Screw the comentors who claim they are entitled to go down "as the defenderd's shoelace brushed their ankle'. )

Plus, I strongly suspect, that wingers now are probably happy to just boot the ball at defenders instead of trying to put a proper cross in.

The penalty law is pathetic, it's supposed to be deliberate hand ball.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213