+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: OT - Donald Trump's Big Red 'Button'

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If the statement is "To me, you work hard .. you make good money and you pay the required tax", then it's a statement I've always aspired to and abided by. Can the Tories (and the Royal Family for that matter) say the same?
    Jesus wept EP .... were some of your ancestors executed as Luddites or killed by Royalist troops at Stoke Field? Some of your thoughts border on hysteria concerning Conservatism and the Royals. Most Brits are proud we have a Royal Family and accept they are born privileged. I would also ask how many low life benefit scroungers do you think vote Tory (and before you start, I'm not saying all benefit claimants fall into this category) I'm talking about the tens of thousands who don't want to work at any cost that is apart from piss around at some great unwashed protest or another.

I can't make you out to be honest my friend. You're a self confessed atheist (so you don't believe in our religion) you don't believe in a Royal Family (You give that impression) You don't appear to support capitalism or a free market ( That appears obvious) and to a degree you almost appear to be ashamed to be English. In fact I believe the only thing we have in common is following Notts County FC.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Listen for goodness sake! Use your initiative youth and look on the MMD website as I asked. It'll give you some idea of the machines we built and sold worldwide. No the machines were not the best for every application and situation - you can't have everything - but in the correct situation they were and that's why hundreds of different models have been sold. Let me know what you think.
    I did visit MMD on Google and, yes, it is impressive. A hub of brilliant research and production for machinery that mines 78 different minerals. I don't doubt that over the years this has been a significant exporter and that 'selling' was a complex process.
    However, in order to develop such machinery, the thinkers and recorders had to produce informed documentation that made the production process effective, yet you, Serious, belittle the thinkers and teachers. My job for 39 years in teaching was to produce people who were literate. I didn't always manage that, but I did play an instrumental part in developing some brilliant minds. Who knows, one of them might have played a big part in development at MMD, (I taught in Notts for a number of those years).
    You constantly belittle the thinkers and teachers who do the background work that produces an effective workforce so you can hardly be surprised when those same thinkers and teachers underrate you as a salesman.

A fair and unbiased appraisal Old_pie without insult to anybody.
    Yes ...... all great entrepreneurs identify a need, solve the need and then turn it into a want .... Job done. As I was hoping to explain to Driller, there's far far more to capital equipment selling than just having the limited product knowledge required to sell Glazing or similar.

When you deal with professional buyers you have to prove your facts because if your product fails - usually their job does.

Finally and this is exactly true - as I've witnessed it. In the States a good salesman is revered as selling your wares is paramount. Should a salesman fail to reach target and he gets fired, there is no disgrace and he is not ashamed - it is the US way, be successful or get fired when you're in the selling game.

It is a very interesting subject and much misunderstood by many .. you are correct. Also your final point ..... You've hit the nail on the head regarding Trump exactly. It's all about business and selling which the Yanks understand more than us.

I can't make you out to be honest my friend. You're a self confessed atheist (so you don't believe in our religion) you don't believe in a Royal Family (You give that impression) You don't appear to support capitalism or a free market ( That appears obvious) and to a degree you almost appear to be ashamed to be English. In fact I believe the only thing we have in common is following Notts County FC.
    You're correct, you can't make me out, so let me try and help. I am an atheist, I find this worship of fake Gods bizarre. I don't believe in a Royal Family. While it's true that most Brits used to accept that they are born privileged, more and more are questioning that right. I hope we bin them in the future. I support both capitalism and a free market, I realise that they are ***** to a thriving economy. It can be taken too far however, where bosses take billions while paying workers a relative pittance. The balance needs addressing. I am very proud to be English, I love living here and would never want to leave. It's just that the England I'm proud of is the fair, tolerant, compassionate and generous England, not the nasty, bigoted country the likes of you and Soccerman seem to inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You're correct, you can't make me out, so let me try and help. I am an atheist, I find this worship of fake Gods bizarre. I don't believe in a Royal Family. While it's true that most Brits used to accept that they are born privileged, more and more are questioning that right. I hope we bin them in the future. I support both capitalism and a free market, I realise that they are ***** to a thriving economy. It can be taken too far however, where bosses take billions while paying workers a relative pittance. The balance needs addressing. I am very proud to be English, I love living here and would never want to leave. It's just that the England I'm proud of is the fair, tolerant, compassionate and generous England, not the nasty, bigoted country the likes of you and Soccerman seem to inhabit.

At the risk of being accused of been in a “circle jerk”? this is a great post.

Agree with every single word.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I did visit MMD on Google and, yes, it is impressive. A hub of brilliant research and production for machinery that mines 78 different minerals. I don't doubt that over the years this has been a significant exporter and that 'selling' was a complex process.
    However, in order to develop such machinery, the thinkers and recorders had to produce informed documentation that made the production process effective, yet you, Serious, belittle the thinkers and teachers. My job for 39 years in teaching was to produce people who were literate. I didn't always manage that, but I did play an instrumental part in developing some brilliant minds. Who knows, one of them might have played a big part in development at MMD, (I taught in Notts for a number of those years).
    You constantly belittle the thinkers and teachers who do the background work that produces an effective workforce so you can hardly be surprised when those same thinkers and teachers underrate you as a salesman.
    Morning Sid - great win yesterday

Now then, thanks for your comments and I reply without prejudice.

I don't berate or belittle teachers in general as without them we would become a nation of Illiterates and all knowledge is usually compiled by writers in the first place. What does annoy me more than most things is why do so many academics have this soppy liberal left wing attitude - as if everything should be shared around and making big private money is a sin? Teachers are what they are, from the steadfast primary school Miss to the Oxbridge don, all much needed and valued people - so no Sid I don't belittle these people to the extent you think and apologies extended if needed.

I'm glad you visited my old firm's website .... if only to prove that along with the likes of JCB and others, MMD Group is now selling and manufacturing (especially in China with two facilities) all over the globe where minerals need processing. A brilliant success story
    of one man's rise to the top from extremely working man's beginnings. There is a story here to be written Sid that would make great reading but I'm afraid there may be a few libel cases being thrown around!

You are correct of course ... you cannot develop such machines without the qualified engineers and indeed I would often ask one of our boffins to accompany me to serious presentations where such questions on metallurgy or other technicalities may be asked by the prospective customer's boffins. I've never called these guys they're brilliant ...... on occasion Alan (the boss)would grab a piece of A4 blank paper, doodle a sketch, call in one of his design staff and say. "Brian draw this up and make a case for producing one and if we agree we'll make the bugger"- this is the sort of mindset we all had - make it happen, don't just talk about it.

Lastly Sid ... I can honestly say this without any boast ...... I was very good at what I did, it doesn't matter what some on here may think. Phew, thats enough for today, must walk down and pick up the Mail on Sunday and cigars for the telly this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    At the risk of being accused of been in a “circle jerk”? this is a great post.

Agree with every single word.
    Utter Rubbish - this country's great.

Absolute utter bull**** about the "workers" (here we go again) being paid a pittance. You will have seen how MMD started 40 years ago. Would you have remortgaged your house for £20,000 to rent a small yard to start a business? I doubt you would mate, you'll always be what employer's want. Good honest worker, does as he's told but underneath possibly envious it wasn't him. Bosses making billions? don't be absurd. I assume making a profit - not turnover. Can you name me one?

Absolute utter bull**** about the "workers" (here we go again) being paid a pittance. You will have seen how MMD started 40 years ago. Would you have remortgaged your house for £20,000 to rent a small yard to start a business? I doubt you would mate, you'll always be what employer's want. Good honest worker, does as he's told but underneath possibly envious it wasn't him. Bosses making billions? don't be absurd. I assume making a profit - not turnover. Can you name me one?

The left dislike anyone who is successful and make something out of their lives. They always think the “ workers” are always downtrodden by the evil capitalists.I always paid my men above the union rate.. happy workers ensure a company grows. These so called lefties make me laugh, they detest anyone who make money.

When your carer has finished emptying your potty can you get her to translate your posts into coherent English, l have no idea what you’re on about.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 07-01-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The left dislike anyone who is successful and make something out of their lives. They always think the “ workers” are always downtrodden by the evil capitalists.I always paid my men above the union rate.. happy workers ensure a company grows. These so called lefties make me laugh, they detest anyone who make money.
    Unfortunately we are in a society that wants everything for nothing and doesn’t want to work for it. It’s not helped by the likes of the groomer who tells kids they can have everything for nothing and won’t have to pay for it. The sooner we have a bit of pride in the country the better, as for the Royal family Id say they must generates tens of millions at least in revenue as well as the jobs that this always bring. We are the envy of the world regarding the Royal family, long may it continue.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast