+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Burnley v Sheff Utd Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Perhaps it has changed and I may be wrong, but to be a member of the board you had to own a minimum amount of shares.
    Think you’re wrong Alto. Can’t find that required in the Articles of Association on Companies House website. Directors run it, shareholders invest though. Normally directors would like to hold or be given shares though as an incentive.
    May have shares in ALK Companies though?
    Sorry for long link.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...1349a11fdc0a5b

They are called Non-Executive Directors and can be appointed to the Board without holding any shares.

Non-executive directors are used to provide independent oversight and serve on committees concerned with sensitive issues such as the pay of the executive directors and other senior managers; they are usually paid a fee for their services, but are not regarded as employees.

All directors should be capable of seeing company and business issues in a broad perspective. Nonetheless, non-executive directors are usually chosen because of their independence and initiative, are of an appropriate calibre and have particular personal qualities.

They can also be removed at short notice without compensation or the risk of tribunals because they are not employees of the organisation.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 31-12-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    So, saying "Come back on here when you have something sensible for us all to read ! " and the rest of the post was not disrespectful BT ? It was a hit and run comment without any want of discussion, which reminds me of the darker forum which I don't want returning here again.

And as for "I have never heard you say one player is deemed good enough to play under Sean Dyche, I really don't fathom why you continue to bother" give over man, like Sub you have not read my post # 107, second line if you care to read it properly this time, plus you must have forgot my posts praising players under Dyche over the years, not all that many I know, but don't start telling porkies BT.

Erik Pieters Dutch International ? Make that EX International, a bit like Wood in the New Zealand International squad, it's hard to get in that Zealand team with all the talent they have down under BT.

Aye, Crouch came in for a demanding manager, along with Waters, Lennon, Stephens, Wells, Drinkwater, Hart and a few more along our progressive years who were not up to scratch, so I'm a bit perplexed about the comment of "wage structure" Sub.

I don't care what Newcastle have done tonight, or teams I or yourself have played for in the past to maintain a certain status, or how many years you have spent watching BFC, You may be passionate about your Club Sub, but so am I, just because I, CIB or Jack Schit view certain players as not good enough (because we have not strengthened well ) and that a lot more than usual performances have been embarrassing (yet we have survived by hard graft and a lot of luck which I stated in previous post) and stating anyone enjoying those lack lustre displays must be sad is expressing a view, if I did not care I would not watch, comment or tell anyone I'm a Burnley fan, there are more than CIB and myself who post on this board who share the same thoughts but maybe don't express them as deeply.

Take Care and enjoy the last day of the year
    Water off a ducks back for me Alto.I have been a clarets supporter since sitting on my Dads shoulders in the Longside in 1973 and I always will be wherever I live.Message boards are for people to voice their opinion and discuss their Club and if anybody disagrees that is fine by me.
    Now the club has new owners who say they are willing to back SD it will be interesting to see which of our players will be retained and/or offered new contracts.

Plenty of players going spare at Arsenal in January.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)