+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Thailand is another in my to do list, sounds like you had a good time.

Good time of year to go too? Nothing like some sun in the winter time.

Queuing, seems to be a british and american thing, makes you wonder if those who don't queue think its odd that we do. What happens back in their own countries? Is it a free for all or is it just away from home they dont queue?

My biggest experience of Russian tourists in big numbers was about 15 years ago in egypt. Lots of throuples (is that the word?), 1 guy with 2 women. Dont recall a rudeness as such but they did like their impromptu photo shoots by the pool.
    I stayed for a good while on Koh Kood island. Absolute paradise and if you get the chance, then please do it. No cars, only mopeds and the odd taxi. Beaches are heaven, shallow/warm/ crystal clear/ with coral reefs teaming with fish. No high rises, only a handful of resorts and the locals. Food is A1.

The Russians are a people who spent decades under communism queuing for everything in their lives. They should be the world champions and writing the rule book. Not anymore, they fail to even understand the concept of queuing

Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 28-01-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure about that, Sith. The Germans, Swiss, Spanish, Italians, French and Portuguese don’t seem to have an issue with queuing in my experience. I do know some folk who returned from Dubai just before Christmas though...they loved it but apparently it was rammed with Russians who they described as the rudest, most aggressive and pushy people they’d ever come across.
    French dont have an issue with queuing? You must be insane - have you ever gone skiing during French school holidays. Absolutely no concept of waiting in line. Kids just bomb down the slope, shove straight to the head of the lift queue and the adults follow, keen to stay with their kids, and impervious to any suggestion of getting to the back. Germans and Swiss I will grant you are more disciplined, but that is rather in their nature!

Never been to Dubai, never had any interest too either, but a friend of mine has just come back and evidently it was raining there, to such an extent that a cricket match abandoned. Evidently the locals stading around sheltering in in buildings staring at it and photographing the mysterious stuff as it fell!
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 28-01-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    French dont have an issue with queuing? You must be insane - have you ever gone skiing during French school holidays. Absolutely no concept of waiting in line. Kids just bomb down the slope, shove straight to the head of the lift queue and the adults follow, keen to stay with their kids, and impervious to any suggestion of getting to the back. Germans and Swiss I will grant you are more disciplined, but that is rather in their nature!
    No GP...I’ve never been skiing during the French school holidays...indeed I’ve never been skiing.
    I have however been canoeing many times in France and have taken a number of boat trips around the French Mediterranean coast. I have also visited lots of petrol stations, bought lots of bread and used the Supermarché on countless occasions and I can honestly say that, in my experience, the French are no worse, or better, at queuing than the British.
    The same is, again in my experience, true of all the other nationalities I mentioned although I did once witness a severe German to German bolloc king because one person had failed to observe the German adherence to queuing on the Berlin ‘U Bahn’.

Never been to Dubai, never had any interest too either, but a friend of mine has just come back and evidently it was raining there, to such an extent that a cricket match abandoned. Evidently the locals stading around sheltering in in buildings staring at it and photographing the mysterious stuff as it fell!
    I’ve found the worst culprits to be Audi drivers

BMW, Audi and Mercedes drivers all seem to have a sense of entitlement regardless if nationality of the driver.

BMW, Audi and Mercedes drivers all seem to have a sense of entitlement regardless if nationality of the driver.
    I resent that. Indicators are an optional extra.
    The powered roof was more important at the time.
    Anyway, indicators are overrated anyway, nothing compares with the power of the force.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Thailand is another in my to do list, sounds like you had a good time.

Good time of year to go too? Nothing like some sun in the winter time.

Queuing, seems to be a british and american thing, makes you wonder if those who don't queue think its odd that we do. What happens back in their own countries? Is it a free for all or is it just away from home they dont queue?

My biggest experience of Russian tourists in big numbers was about 15 years ago in egypt. Lots of throuples (is that the word?), 1 guy with 2 women. Dont recall a rudeness as such but they did like their impromptu photo shoots by the pool.
    Oh Sith I really wish you didn't quote Thicky, it pains me to have to read his bull**** and see how he has swallowed the right wing fake news agenda!

AS for his assertion Thailand is a country to be admired, I mean yeah sure its governance is shining example of democracy. Not!! Plus it allows him in unimpeded, still I guess they just want his money and if he is discrete then no questions asked as is well known.

Plus I just love it when a tourist, whose wages and standard of living is far higher, gushes about how cheap things are in another country, without wondering why there is so much poverty!! Jeez, the lack of awareness is just stupefying!

Brexit was the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 31 January 2020. Thus it took place at a moment in time, to whit 31/01/20. Hence we are now post Brexit. Simples...

I don't sé how the rest of your response relates to my post, do I will not compound the confusion by responding further.
    Ah well confusion does seem to be your usual state judging by some of your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh Sith I really wish you didn't quote Thicky, it pains me to have to read his bull**** and see how he has swallowed the right wing fake news agenda!

AS for his assertion Thailand is a country to be admired, I mean yeah sure its governance is shining example of democracy. Not!! Plus it allows him in unimpeded, still I guess they just want his money and if he is discrete then no questions asked as is well known.

Plus I just love it when a tourist, whose wages and standard of living is far higher, gushes about how cheap things are in another country, without wondering why there is so much poverty!! Jeez, the lack of awareness is just stupefying!
    Ah Swale i bet those few weeks waiting to ignore tricky’s posts have been torture

Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)