+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 131 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by That thing you do View Post
    I will sit watching it having breakfast in Mexico. I hope United dont piss on my Chilaquiles.
    Believe me , I would rather be in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    must try harder bud
    Name:  Pedro.JPG
Views: 1143
Size:  33.2 KB

FFS Peter, we know it's you....

4th in the table at present!!! Riding high 🤦*♂️

I see the veteran right back Michael Smith last at Hearts is still without a club . Better option than Freeman imo and he can also play right in a back 3 . Stuart McKinstry ex Motherwell and Leeds United winger also available on a free transfer. And ofcourse the most unlikely of them to sign Jack Fitzwater out of contract livi CB still available

All three of them are the kind of signings that would improve us and I'd prefer them rather than some untested loan youngsters from England.

Totally agree, which probably means it won’t happen

All three of them are the kind of signings that would improve us and I'd prefer them rather than some untested loan youngsters from England.[/QUOTE]

I wish we would do away with loan signings. Either sign players on short-term deals on free transfers or utilise our great academy. I'd say of all the loan signings we've had two have been very good. Andy Webster and Curtis Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    All three of them are the kind of signings that would improve us and I'd prefer them rather than some untested loan youngsters from England.
    I wish we would do away with loan signings. Either sign players on short-term deals on free transfers or utilise our great academy. I'd say of all the loan signings we've had two have been very good. Andy Webster and Curtis Good.[/QUOTE]

In an ideal world loans wouldn't be needed but if you fail to land your main targets a loan can work well for both parties. For example I'm sure Ayina will be a better player for his experience last season.

Re your comments about the Academy are you serious? We struck lucky with John Souttar but in my opinion if you consider the massive payroll cost of the Academy in recent years it's been a failure.

I can't see us signing any other players now, unless others leave that is. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    I wish we would do away with loan signings. Either sign players on short-term deals on free transfers or utilise our great academy. I'd say of all the loan signings we've had two have been very good. Andy Webster and Curtis Good.
    In an ideal world loans wouldn't be needed but if you fail to land your main targets a loan can work well for both parties. For example I'm sure Ayina will be a better player for his experience last season.

Re your comments about the Academy are you serious? We struck lucky with John Souttar but in my opinion if you consider the massive payroll cost of the Academy in recent years it's been a failure.[/QUOTE]

Goldie said we have great players in it..................... I think having the academy is a lot of rubbish personally. When we had the s-forms who could still play for their teams while with United that was a more beneficial model. However these days it's all about having structures which imo are good in theory but in reality a lot of ballocks. Look at all the academy players sent out on loan, does it benefit us nope? Then after time when us fans don't see them in the reserves, they get released.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post

Re your comments about the Academy are you serious? We struck lucky with John Souttar but in my opinion if you consider the massive payroll cost of the Academy in recent years it's been a failure.
    Goldie said we have great players in it..................... I think having the academy is a lot of rubbish personally. When we had the s-forms who could still play for their teams while with United that was a more beneficial model. However these days it's all about having structures which imo are good in theory but in reality a lot of ballocks. Look at all the academy players sent out on loan, does it benefit us nope? Then after time when us fans don't see them in the reserves, they get released.[/QUOTE]

Like a lot of what's been going on it's been a bit of a vanity project. Asghar even flew to Sevilla to make a keynote speech about it.
    You couldn't make it up. It needs a complete overhaul and a ruthless one.

Would be very interested to see a P&L on it because I'm willing to bet it's a massive loss maker.

Page 131 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)