+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

If we sell McKenna to Celtic then there's really no point paying any attention to Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I’m expecting an offer from Timothy of Hayes, Scott Allan and about £4 - £4.5m cash this window for McKenna.

Personally I’d tell them to do one partly because I’d never sell to a cheek unless unavoidable, but also because I don’t want Hayes back and I think we’ll get more money, and more potential add on sale money, from selling him down south.

I’d bid for Scott Allan stand alone though. £200k should do it unless Timothy are being dicks.

If so a pre contract will do.

Plenty other transfer work to do too though...
    Agree on not wanting Hayes back, saw reports from some fans where it seems he's lost a step after his serious injury, and doesn't seem as willing to take players on. Maybe just needs time but he's the other side of 30 now and we need to give other lads a chance.

McKenna will be sold to anyone for "stadium reasons".

I’m expecting an offer from Timothy of Hayes, Scott Allan and about £4 - £4.5m cash this window for McKenna.

Personally I’d tell them to do one partly because I’d never sell to a cheek unless unavoidable, but also because I don’t want Hayes back and I think we’ll get more money, and more potential add on sale money, from selling him down south.

I’d bid for Scott Allan stand alone though. £200k should do it unless Timothy are being dicks.

If Celtic did do that then they value McKenna at around £5million........Scott Allan is now into last 6 months of his contract, no offer from Dhims of extension therefore his value is virtually £0. They're no doubt hoping us and Hivs get into a minor bidding war but doubt either club would go higher than £100k to get him in immediately. A pre contract for the summer more likely. Hayes now heading for 32, value now no higher than £500k and I just don't think we should be revisiting that one.

So if your prediction comes to pass (I don't think it will) we should be telling Celtic where to get off. We know Villa offered £7.5million (but essentially demanded a 4 month trial period first) so unless any club matches that cash value we should be telling them to bolt.

I think it's very obvious the fundamental make up if this squad is nae good enough and needs an overhaul.
    The rights and wrongs of how this came about is another discussion.

But you dinna do major overhauls in January, that's pretty much accepted fact I'd say.

I'd say we'll see guys leaving and some young guys going on loan and maybe bring in loan signings of our own to muddle through the second half of the season.

Then, this coming summer, a proper re-build is needed IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think it's very obvious the fundamental make up if this squad is nae good enough and needs an overhaul.
    The rights and wrongs of how this came about is another discussion.

But you dinna do major overhauls in January, that's pretty much accepted fact I'd say.

I'd say we'll see guys leaving and some young guys going on loan and maybe bring in loan signings of our own to muddle through the second half of the season.

Then, this coming summer, a proper re-build is needed IMHO.
    Didn't we say that the last couple of summers as well though...For me it's a window and we should use it irrespective of history. If we can get a good player in January, take him!

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If we sell McKenna to Celtic then there's really no point paying any attention to Scottish football.
    Agreed and thankfully I don't think he will end up there. Far too much quality in the lad that we will be in a position to tell celtic that they can't afford him and there are plenty clubs down south interested. Imagine selling it to those c*nts and them reaping the rewards of any sell on clause.

celtic won't bid enough, biscuit tin mentality is still alive and well. As a minimum I would want £5M cash plus Nitcham, Griffiths (if his head is okay) and Allan (also if his head is ok). Otherwise tell them to poke it

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Didn't we say that the last couple of summers as well though...For me it's a window and we should use it irrespective of history. If we can get a good player in January, take him!
    100% agree. We signed Rooney in a January window and also got Logan initially on loan in the same window. Our season is finished if we take the view that we will wait until Summer

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    We dont need to be putting Cosgrove out on loan ffs we just need to get rid of the useless chunt,
    Don't think we have a hope in hell of getting a penny of the 20k back that we spunked on the donkey though
    It's not all about the money but i have said it before and I will say it again there are players moving between clubs in the Highland fkn League for 20k + and I think useless donkey Cosgrove would serioulsy struggle to hold down a starting slot in many a highland league club.
    A club like Aberdeen should not be even thinking about signing players of that p1ss poor standard,
    Another major transfer shambles by our illustrious leader.
    But hey ho everything is good as "we are nae sh1te anymore" ffs
    I was thinking Fort William for Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I was thinking Fort William for Cosgrove
    Dinna insult the Fort

They have enough people bashing them as it is

Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast