+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

re: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

Sneckie, Fits the script with the pit ?
    Nae that bothered to be honest
    I'm driving down tomorrow. Will get there about 12ish. Going to see Mark Wright before hand and walk down fae there.
    I hear he'll be starting at pretty much 6.30 ?

As a fellow Boss attendee tomorrow, aye, he will be onstage 6.30 sharp seemingly. Makes sense if they want to chuck out at 10.

I think for the pit thing you have to be there really early and check in repeatedly throughout the day to prove you're really waiting. A couple of folk I know were at the Dublin gig and that's the system they had anyway, they had to check in at half 12 and half 4 and basically spend the rest of the day hanging around Croke Park.
    You ask me, for a three and a half hour seat, I'd be queuing for a seat, nae a standing space.

Aye, canna be arsed with that. Will just go down nearer the time.
    Canna remember having to wait that long to get in the last time I saw him at Hampden (09), so should be fine.

The Boss was absolutely awesome tonight.

Boss was pretty damn fine last night.

Few minor irritations:

1) We were seated in north stand and the sound was "patchy" particularly in the higher end stuff like the organ and piano. One of the things about gigs in echoey stadiums I suppose.

2) Folk talking to their mates during songs they didn't know ("ah only like the hits eh"). Feck off to the bar for a bit then and shut the fu(k up.

3) Two fuds deciding not to go back on the bus but not telling anyone beforehand, so the rest of us had to hang around for 40-odd minutes waiting for them not to turn up. (Bus tickets said the bus left at 2345, presume this was a default time from other gigs, so the driver and us had to wait)

Quote Originally Posted by sheep1903
    Aye, canna be arsed with that. Will just go down nearer the time.
    Canna remember having to wait that long to get in the last time I saw him at Hampden (09), so should be fine.
    Arite Chief, did you go to Mark W @ The Montford?
    I did the marathon pit Q from noon, worth it though, sunny day and plenty beers the day flew in.

WRD one of the main reasons I always try to get into the pit, less nuggets that blether during the likes of Point Blank.
    Oh and I doubt you were sat in the North Stand, that's far the stage was....unless you're Max Weinberg?? ;-)

Ach my cover is blown :-). Was in South stand (always had sheeyite sense of direction). Mrs wrd didn't fancy standing, might just go myself next time :-))

(Having issues with no reply on this thread)

Aye, went to see Mark at The Montford. Nae that many people in the afternoon, only about 10. Busier after the gig when he did his 'Elvis songs the Boss'. Cheesy as hell, but good fun after a few drinks !

The concert was amazing. Got a good spot in the middle of the park next to the soundboard. Much better than I got at Hampden in '09 where I got lots of echo. Nae problems this time, and nae queuing to get in.

Folk talking through songs annoys me at any gig, but why pay £75+ and not watch the show !!
    This Hard Land was spoiled by people walking past leaving the show.

I'm nae a fan of stadium shows and I doubt I'd pay to see anyone other than Bruce in a stadium, but that was brilliant !!

That's the problem with stadium "events" like this, some melts just want to "be part of it" and wouldnae ken Sandy or Point Plank if they found it in their soup. But if they can get ratted and sing along to Dancing in the Dark then say to their mates "I was at the Springs**** gig, what a session" they're happy.

Faaaaarks me right off, as do the "waiting a sunny day parents" shoving their precocious little brats forward and barging to the front to do it.

Ah the Montford. Cracking rub-a-dub. Mate had his 40th in there

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast