+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Murrayfield or Hampden?

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    Arbroath cup game one January afternoon quite a few years back was the coldest place on earth
    Aye, that was the game when Tayside Police (as it was) emptied a pub and took everyone's mobile phone off them I think

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, that was the game when Tayside Police (as it was) emptied a pub and took everyone's mobile phone off them I think
    I think you're correct. I honestly think that's the coldest I've ever been at a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Broadwood, Forthbank and Falkirk's ground are my least favourite.
    You obviously haven't had the pleasure of a day at the seaside in Methil yet...Besides the location of the stadium (or the stand and brick wall), the locals are unpleasant lot although at least the gave that tw@t Billy Brown such an earful that he broke down in an embarrassing way in front of the camera during an interview after the game

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    I think you're correct. I honestly think that's the coldest I've ever been at a match.
    About twenty years before that game you refer, Aberdeen played a 3rd Round tie at Gayfield and I think the wind was so strong that Jim Leighton had to save his own place kick...It's a nice ground in the summer though

I’ve been to Gayfield midweek during the winter & aye, it was cold but nothing like Broadwood. I thought I was going to die of exposure. Dumbartons keeper got 3 red cards that day, just to make sure he got off the pitch

In total agreement about Methil though. Was a f*kn sh1tehole

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve been to Gayfield midweek during the winter & aye, it was cold but nothing like Broadwood. I thought I was going to die of exposure. Dumbartons keeper got 3 red cards that day, just to make sure he got off the pitch

In total agreement about Methil though. Was a f*kn sh1tehole
    Added to the cold, Clyde supporters are some of the biggest chunts in lower league fitba...

Did Clyde have a mob when they were at Shawfield in the 1980s?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Dundee's disgusting right enough but I was thinking about London.
    I was born in London radge.

Added to the cold, Clyde supporters are some of the biggest chunts in lower league fitba...

Did Clyde have a mob when they were at Shawfield in the 1980s?
    There was a game in February 84 and I think it was a Scottish cup game when the Huns game was cancelled and the orcs made their way to Shawfield instead to take on the casuals who hadnt bothered their arses going...horrible day with only 2 cops between the two sets of fans and fights breaking out most of the first half. Car drive past us on way to ground from the station and lobbed bottles of irn bry and Bucky at us.....I think half the dandies left at half time to get away from all the scum!

You obviously haven't had the pleasure of a day at the seaside in Methil yet...Besides the location of the stadium (or the stand and brick wall), the locals are unpleasant lot although at least the gave that tw@t Billy Brown such an earful that he broke down in an embarrassing way in front of the camera during an interview after the game
    I have and my ex uncle in law (if you like) was the local bowling champion/legend. Going out in methil with him was like going out in Buenos Aires with Maradonna.

Ill trump you all Grant Park, Lossiemouth in January

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast