+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 560 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

re: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

I fail to see how a new stadium will improve the atmosphere plus there's already locals complaining about leaving the house earlier to get there.

As for the training facilities, it's just like getting a Costa at work. It doesn't really improve your work ethic but it looks good.

It's the culture in a Scotland that holds us back at youth level, not 4G pitches.

I heard that Milne and the board are wanting fans,sponsors etc to pay for the new stadium and training facility.

So does this basically mean that if he cant get investment from someone else then he isn't going to pay for it himself and the new stadium and training ground wont happen?

Rico94

As is said earlier
    It may not cost £40M - if get land cheap could be knocking a few £M off price.
    So assume £37M
    £10M for Pittodrie site
    £5M for naming rights over 20 years
    £5M from Share issue/crowd funding
    Council - I think they may pay something out of infrastructure for Aberdeen city's budgets.
    Companys to sponsor training academy?
    Other partnerships - maybe a hotel?

I really think Milne is looking to get the figure down to £10M to £15M as amount they will look to borrow on a 30 -40 year secure mortgage.
    Yes that will be debt but the interest payable will be manageable and be in line with any savings that they make on maintenance of Pittodrie. I am sure i read £1M annually to maintain Pittodrie. New stadium in first 10 years will be a fraction of cost for maintenance.

EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out

You are just plucking those numbers out of the sky though. My question was if Milne cant get the money from someone else like you are suggesting there, is he going to pay for it himself or will he just abandon the idea entirely?

Let's be honest though Dandie... Anyone that's ever had work done by a builder will tell you it costs more than the original quote. Especially when the quote is coming from the chairman who has an agenda to try and get people on board.

Total cost will be more than £40m.

Superb news, nae ideal but better than cove.
    Folk would moan if we moved to the car park behind the main stand that it wasn’t “home”

As for the stadium itsel, they should be taking that Euroborg stadium plans and blueprints from Gronnigan building an almost near replica and paint the seats red! That stadium was huge for only being a 22,000 seater, absolutely nuts I thought it was about 35,000!! A very steep stadium with good atmosphere. Also only cost 45 million euros to build.

Thing is we need to get behind the club for once, we weren’t happy with Cove but people are first to moan on here that we can’t keep up with celtic etc. and a brand spanking new Stadium and Facilities gets announced and first thing folk say is aw we should redevelop pittodrie……get over that its nae happening move on.

Great idea having it on bypass people from each side of city can get there very easily although for central goers I can see first few years having teething problems I’m not sure what the c

Aldo - depends how good your commercial skills are.
    Fixed price work for delivery dates. With LD's if not delivered on time.
    Yes any variations may increase but if they are copying a blue print and SM being an expert in construction i am sure they can minimise these.
    But none of us will really know until all laid out and confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983
    Let's be honest though Dandie... Anyone that's ever had work done by a builder will tell you it costs more than the original quote. Especially when the quote is coming from the chairman who has an agenda to try and get people on board.

Total cost will be more than £40m.

Yes, I get accused of being the prophet of doom etc and all the usual virtual childish stuff thrown about towards other users on here.

BUT the real prophet of doom is the guy who runs our club - they guy that wants a new stadium. As per usual many just bumble along thinking great idea but its not a good idea for a club in the SPL to get into masses of debt is it? Its a small pool of cash - we are not in Champions league, Europa League territory really on a consistent basis. Moving to Kingswells does not improve atmosphere all it will mean is higher entry costs at the turnstile and a half empty soul-less bowl with no tradition or character.

IMO its not healthy to aspire for something you cannot afford. I want a house in Sardinia but its just impossible. Same with Aberdeen FC - they cannot afford a new stadium FFS its harsh reality of the financials.

What is it people cannot understand the club CANNOT AFFORD IT they have not got the money. This new stadium thing is a longe

If you're right, then there's no need to get your knickers in a twist

Page 14 of 560 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast