+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t now that all the w@nkers are leaving.....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    No, Corbyn has carried out the wishes of the party, voted in conference by the members, democracy at work, i thought you wanted democracy? Stop believing the shyte you read in the daily fail...
    The manifesto stated " we will respect the result of the referendum "

The last Labour conference was ambiguous to say the least .

With all due respect I'm struggling to see democracy at work here given the proposal for another referendum with remain on the ballot paper .

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    No, Corbyn has carried out the wishes of the party, voted in conference by the members, democracy at work, i thought you wanted democracy? Stop believing the shyte you read in the daily fail...
    In 2017, your party stood on a manifesto that said it would respect the result of the referendum. It didn't say anything about respecting it until the 2018 Labour Party conference did it?

Where does Labour's change of position leave voters who put their cross against the Labour candidate in whole or part because they accepted the manifesto promise? Where's the democracy for them?

Perhaps those within your party who now wish to renege on their 2017 promise to the electorate should stand down and let the public decide their fate in by-elections? That would be be both democratic and fun.it would also be in line with the party's attitude towards those MPs who quit to form TIG last week.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 27-02-2019 at 06:05 AM.

I see we are back to the 'what problem' approach to antisemitism...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47380784

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    In 2017, your party stood on a manifesto that said it would respect the result of the referendum. It didn't say anything about respecting it until the 2018 Labour Party conference did it?

Where does Labour's change of position leave voters who put their cross against the Labour candidate in whole or part because they accepted the manifesto promise? Where's the democracy for them?

Perhaps those within your party who now wish to renege on their 2017 promise to the electorate should stand down and let the public decide their fate in by-elections? That would be be both democratic and fun.it would also be in line with the party's attitude towards those MPs who quit to form TIG last week.
    Are you suggesting we call a byelection every time a party reneges on a manifesto pledge? Should the same apply to all parties (MPs) or just Labour? Will it be real fun or lead to total chaos?

Surely in a democracy we are entitled evolve opinion as circumstances change. Or is it just Labour that cant change? In our democracy we get the chance to dump our mp every 4 to 5 years. Should we scrap that totally or just for Labour constuencies?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Are you suggesting we call a byelection every time a party reneges on a manifesto pledge? Should the same apply to all parties (MPs) or just Labour? Will it be real fun or lead to total chaos?

Surely in a democracy we are entitled evolve opinion as circumstances change. Or is it just Labour that cant change? In our democracy we get the chance to dump our mp every 4 to 5 years. Should we scrap that totally or just for Labour constuencies?

With the Tories history of broken election pledges, there would be a **** of a lot of by-elections:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-queens-speech

It only seems to matter though when Labour do it. Maybe it's just expected of the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

Brexit is probably the most significant economic and political event this country has faced since we actually joined

No, I don't think Labour should be allowed to brush their broken promise under the carpet.

Do you think that the views of the MPs who left the Labour Party last week were allowed to evolve and that Labour were wrong to call on them to face by elections?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 27-02-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    With the Tories history of broken election pledges, there would be a **** of a lot of by-elections:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-queens-speech

It only seems to matter though when Labour do it. Maybe it's just expected of the Tories.
    Another fine example of whataboutery. I suppose it's easier than dealing with your party's betrayal of the people who voted for them...

Another fine example of whataboutery. I suppose it's easier than dealing with your party's betrayal of the people who voted for them...
    It's a very simple question Kerr: you've voted in every GE but not for the Conservative party. What policies of theirs do you disagree with that stops them winning your vote and instead voting for someone else?

I suppose that repeatedly asking meaningless and irrelevant questions is a form of whataboutery too - easier than actually dealing with the actions of your party.

I suppose that repeatedly asking meaningless and irrelevant questions is a form of whataboutery too - easier than actually dealing with the actions of your party.
    Why is the question meaningless and irrelevant? You have repeated on this very thread, without prompting or provocation, that you support no political party, and that you also have voted in every GE but not for the Tories. So I ask again What policies of theirs do you disagree with that stops them winning your vote and instead voting for someone else?

Ps. You love whataboutery yourself. You do it all the time. It's called highliighting hypocrisy in people's arguments and much as it is a current far right peeve to say it is only the left that do this, the right leaning posters on here do it all the time. And quite rightly too - no onelikes a hypocrite do they? You also hector people to answer your questions all the time. So why not do what you expect others to do?

Start doing this and I'll then i'll take up your thoughts on anti-semitism in the Labour party.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast