+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Day in Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by footy_le_bordel View Post
    been Exposed - Footy.

by 'exposed', i take it you mean brexiteer hypocrisy.

as your video points out, farage has been bigging up norway/switz. since at least 2009 and yet now he's a no-dealer who wants out of SM and customs union.

you can't be like norway and switz unless you're essentially in the SM.
    Last edited by footy_le_bordel; 03-04-2019 at 05:35 PM.

"End jurisdiction of ECJ in Britain,
    Regain control of our own borders,
    Negotiate free trade agreement with EU,
    Leave single market and customs union thus ensuring freedom to strike our own trade deals with other countries,
    Out of the C.A.P.
    Take back control of our fishing grounds."

Sinkov, that described very accurately Theresa May's deal that keeps getting booted out!

The main sticking point is the Irish border issue, otherwise it would have passed by now.

by 'exposed', i take it you mean brexiteer hypocrisy.
    there's a saying - Footy.....Politics is the only art whose artists regularly disown their masterpieces

as your video points out, farage has been bigging up norway/switz. since at least 2009 and yet now he's a no-dealer who wants out of SM and customs union.
    you can't be like norway and switz unless you're essentially in the SM.
    the video was meant to point out the deceptive antics - of the Pro-Remain Lobby !

I wouldn't know all he's said, and don't much care, being he's had no effect on my opinion....though can agree, that over the years, he's mentioned "Norway" on many occasions (as Switzerland and Canada) but from what i've seen, all were cited as examples of life outside of E.U membership - as I can't find any reference to him advocating a Norway (EEA) deal - for us.

"Leavers AND Remainers DID say Brexit meant no more single market"

"John Longworth, the former head of the CBI, said europhiles were being “disingenuous” with their claims that people did not understand quitting the EU would also mean leaving the single market. The influential business figure highlighted four unequivocal comments from the most senior campaigners on both sides of the argument which made it “absolutely clear” that would be the case."

"David Cameron, June 12: “The British public would be voting, if we Leave, to leave the EU and leave the Single Market.”

George Osborne, June 8: “We’d be out of the Single Market, that’s the reality, Britain would be quitting, quitting the Single Market.”

Michael Gove, May 8: “We should be outside the Single Market.”

Nigel Farage, February 22: “I don’t want to be part of the European Single Market, I want Britain to leave the European Union, be an independent country and trade with the world”.

"“Remain and Leave campaigners were absolutely clear before the referendum that Leave meant leaving the Single Market.
    “They were right. Leaving the Single Market is the only way we can take back control of our laws, our borders and our money.
    “And any attempt by continuity Remain to now claim you didn’t know what you were voting for is entirely disingenuous."

It was made quite clear from both sides during the referendum campaign that a vote to Leave meant leaving the single market, so having won the referendum that was what the vast majority of Leave voters would have expected to happen, like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "End jurisdiction of ECJ in Britain,
    Regain control of our own borders,
    Negotiate free trade agreement with EU,
    Leave single market and customs union thus ensuring freedom to strike our own trade deals with other countries,
    Out of the C.A.P.
    Take back control of our fishing grounds."

Sinkov, that described very accurately Theresa May's deal that keeps getting booted out!

The main sticking point is the Irish border issue, otherwise it would have passed by now.

Oh dear 59, you really haven't read the small print have you, never mind what May says, here's what the WA says on"End jurisdiction of ECJ in Britain"

EU law will apply during the TIP [transition or implementing period], but essentially without formal UK participation in its making;
    EU law will apply after the TIP to protect the rights of EU citizens in the UK. This could extend for some considerable period.
    EU law also will apply after the TIP in relation to the Separation Issues and the Financial Settlement. Again, this could extend for a considerable period.
    EU law will apply extensively, particularly in Northern Ireland, under the “Backstop” found in the Ireland/Northern Ireland Protocol.
    EU law in relation to goods, turnover taxes, agriculture and fisheries as well as veterinary and phytosanitary rules will apply in the Sovereign Base Areas of Cyprus.
    After the end of the TIP the CJEU will continue to determine the interpretation of EU law applicable under the WA by the mandatory reference procedure from the arbitration panel.
    Moreover, if the backstop has been triggered and the UK-EU customs union established, it adds that: “The UK will conform to specific EU legislation on customs, including with respect to third countries. To provide a ‘level playing-field’ the UK commits to non-regression (from the law as it stands at the end of the TIP) on EU environmental protection, labour and social standards, state aid and competition and state-owned undertakings in respect of administration of tax…. On the UK side of the customs union, in the ‘United Kingdom in respect of Northern Ireland’, specific additional EU legislation applies on customs, certain VAT and excise, and certain technical standards relating to goods”.

So EU law continues to supercede UK law and this could 'extend for a considerable period'. That's just one point, I can give you chapter and verse on the others if you like but it would be very time consuming, but basically May's WA does not deliver on free trade deals as we could be trapped in a Customs Union, the EU would have a stranglehold on our Agriculture and fishing rights would be up for negotiation, with Macron and the Spanish no doubt playing hardball over those.

What Brexiteers would call Brexit has virtually vanished in a puff of smoke in this WA. If it came to a choice between this WA and remaining in the EU I would vote to revoke A50, that's how far away from Brexit it actually is.

".......What Brexiteers would call Brexit has virtually vanished in a puff of smoke in this WA. If it came to a choice between this WA and remaining in the EU I would vote to revoke A50, that's how far away from Brexit it actually is. "

sinkov --Bertram's in Warkworth on Sunay morning was certainly far, far away from Brexit ---very civilised indeed! Who knows what is next? Which village idiot will take charge of the next stage ---they take it in turns you know! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Oh dear 59, you really haven't read the small print have you, never mind what May says, here's what the WA says on"End jurisdiction of ECJ in Britain"

EU law will apply during the TIP [transition or implementing period], but essentially without formal UK participation in its making;
    EU law will apply after the TIP to protect the rights of EU citizens in the UK. This could extend for some considerable period.
    EU law also will apply after the TIP in relation to the Separation Issues and the Financial Settlement. Again, this could extend for a considerable period.
    EU law will apply extensively, particularly in Northern Ireland, under the “Backstop” found in the Ireland/Northern Ireland Protocol.
    EU law in relation to goods, turnover taxes, agriculture and fisheries as well as veterinary and phytosanitary rules will apply in the Sovereign Base Areas of Cyprus.
    After the end of the TIP the CJEU will continue to determine the interpretation of EU law applicable under the WA by the mandatory reference procedure from the arbitration panel.
    Moreover, if the backstop has been triggered and the UK-EU customs union established, it adds that: “The UK will conform to specific EU legislation on customs, including with respect to third countries. To provide a ‘level playing-field’ the UK commits to non-regression (from the law as it stands at the end of the TIP) on EU environmental protection, labour and social standards, state aid and competition and state-owned undertakings in respect of administration of tax…. On the UK side of the customs union, in the ‘United Kingdom in respect of Northern Ireland’, specific additional EU legislation applies on customs, certain VAT and excise, and certain technical standards relating to goods”.

So EU law continues to supercede UK law and this could 'extend for a considerable period'. That's just one point, I can give you chapter and verse on the others if you like but it would be very time consuming, but basically May's WA does not deliver on free trade deals as we could be trapped in a Customs Union, the EU would have a stranglehold on our Agriculture and fishing rights would be up for negotiation, with Macron and the Spanish no doubt playing hardball over those.

What Brexiteers would call Brexit has virtually vanished in a puff of smoke in this WA. If it came to a choice between this WA and remaining in the EU I would vote to revoke A50, that's how far away from Brexit it actually is.
    Practically all that relates to the Irish backstop Sinkov. That is the sticking point of her deal.
    Another part relates to our divorce bill - once it is paid it is irrelevant.

If we sorted a deal out with the EU then our courts would be sovereign.

If we don't negotiate an alternative to the Irish backstop then we are stuck - and that always was, and continues to be, the main bone of contention.

Read it again 59, I don't know what's difficult to understand about "EU law will apply", and that's in the WA, that's what May wants us to sign up to. You need to read the section on Agriculture as well, it's scary, they take complete control. The backstop is one problem, a confected one, but nevertheless it is a problem now. But the backstop is only one of the problems, there are lawyers who have scrutinised the entire 585 pages and besides the backstop trap there are 39 other areas where the EU would have us over a barrel, the backstop gets all the attention, but it's the equivalent of throwing a dead cat on the table, people are so obsessed by the backstop they don't read the rest of it. You must know by now how much I would like us to leave the EU, so if I say revoking A50 is preferable to signing up to the WA then you must know it's a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    ".......What Brexiteers would call Brexit has virtually vanished in a puff of smoke in this WA. If it came to a choice between this WA and remaining in the EU I would vote to revoke A50, that's how far away from Brexit it actually is. "

sinkov --Bertram's in Warkworth on Sunay morning was certainly far, far away from Brexit ---very civilised indeed! Who knows what is next? Which village idiot will take charge of the next stage ---they take it in turns you know! lol

All very civilised Sub, we went to Jaspers in Amble Sunday night as well, also very civilised, I could recommend it, although it's not cheap.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)