+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Cresswell Dilemma ?

If some of you are unable to see how inflammatory to ream spirit his Dad posting CC in a Millwall shirt… , there's plenty of him in White he could have used. His Dad/Agent should keep his mouth shut about team selection. Charlie should do likewise, he’s not our best CH. Probably needs another loan but due to an injury prone Cooper it doesn’t suit the club at this time. Let’s put our promotion chances on hold to placate Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Err, he rated himself as a starter, Farke did'nt & he err, tries a Willy Gnonto whilst under contract.

We disagree - get over it.
    After WTF's comments towards me tonight this boards gonna be one light too unless i get an apology from WTF for his unnecessary "personal-snide" remark aimed at me let alone ones to Oz W within this thread.
    I have tried to explain my view politely and respectfully but there is no evidence Cresswell has asked to leave or tried to engineer a move away.

It would be a shame if you left as you offer an awful lot to the forum and make many of smile in a very good way.

Keep the faith MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Err, he rated himself as a starter, Farke did'nt & he err, tries a Willy Gnonto whilst under contract.

We disagree - get over it.
    After WTF's comments towards me tonight this boards gonna be one light too unless i get an apology from WTF for his unnecessary "personal-snide" remark aimed at me let alone ones to Oz W within this thread.
    Sounding ever so like Der Fuhrer ("We disagree, get over it"). Very measured, very mature.

Again, please inform us of the source of your assertion that Cresswell "rated himself as a starter" and to relate back to your earlier post/assertion, "would only turn up if he started"? It's a fair question, given that it would substantiate much of the criticism that Der Fuhrer and you are aiming in Cresswells direction. I wait with baited breath to see what response there is.

I wouldn't (and won't) apologise for anything I have said regarding your posts on this subject. I repeat, they add nothing of value, they are full of obfuscatory verbiage that doesn't address the issue of why Der Fuhrer saw fit to criticise a young player who has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the public either as a LUFC loanee to Millwall (hardly what might have been seen as a great opportunity, given our joint history), nor as a returning loanee who brings with him plaudits from a well-respected and demanding coach.

You have made derogatory assertions regarding Cresswell with not a shred of real evidence, have suggested you "know something" about the situation but are unable to divulge what that is, although it hasn't prevented you from repeating those assertions. My observations regarding your comments are neither snide nor inaccurate, please inform me if you can show otherwise.

Btw, none of my responses to Oz could possibly be considered anything other that just that, responses, part of a dialogue, unlike yours that seek to re-inforce (as yet) unproven criticisms of a young Leeds player.
    Last edited by WTF11; 18-01-2024 at 10:43 PM.

Please stop WTF - we may agree on Farke but not the way to make points.

MT has her view (which is fair enough), you have yours (also fair enough) but no need to throw out insults or have to be right?

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    If some of you are unable to see how inflammatory to ream spirit his Dad posting CC in a Millwall shirt… , there's plenty of him in White he could have used. His Dad/Agent should keep his mouth shut about team selection. Charlie should do likewise, he’s not our best CH. Probably needs another loan but due to an injury prone Cooper it doesn’t suit the club at this time. Let’s put our promotion chances on hold to placate Charlie.
    Not suggesting any such thing WS, simply that a dad looking out for his son isn't the most unlikely thing in the world (especially given his connections/job), and neither am I suggesting that anything be done to prejuduice our promotion aspirations, but........we have lost Spence and Ayling, Cooper as you say is injured, as is Byram, Struijk (and Firpo?), and if the clickbait drivel from newsnow is to be believed we're aiming to sign every out-of-work LB in the top three divisions, so on top of the comments from Der Fuhrer, what is Cresswell (who let's remember has remained silent on the matter despite comments from others) supposed to make of his prospects (and what should e do about improving them)?
    Last edited by WTF11; 18-01-2024 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Please stop WTF - we may agree on Farke but not the way to make points.

MT has her view (which is fair enough), you have yours (also fair enough) but no need to throw out insults or have to be right?
    It's not MTs "view" I am questioning, it's the validity (and basis) of her assertions regarding Cresswell which I am seeking to gain clarity on. You and I have both, albeit in different ways, asked her to justify what she has said, both about Der Fuhrers comments and her own assertions, answer came there none, only threats of flouncing unless I apologies, (for what????).

My comments regarding the statements made are not insults, they are accurate, the comments are obfuscatory (e.g the references to Summerville and Poveda are irrelevant) and fail to answer simple questions asked of MT regarding the source of her information regarding Cresswell.

Not sure anyone is saying placate Cresswell I am certainly not. His dad’s tweet may have been ill advised but not Charlie’s doing and the lad hasn’t said anything publically. I don’t have any evidence ce Cresswell has done anything wrong that is all.

So I Just think Farke should not have said what he did in a press conference and his words weren’t great imho.

Que sera sera - it’s kinda water under the bridge and what will happen will happen. I also get others may disagree.

Not sure anyone is saying placate Cresswell I am certainly not. His dad’s tweet may have been ill advised but not Charlie’s doing and the lad hasn’t said anything publically. I don’t have any evidence ce Cresswell has done anything wrong that is all.

So I Just think Farke should not have said what he did in a press conference and his words weren’t great imho.

Que sera sera - it’s kinda water under the bridge and what will happen will happen. I also get others may disagree.
    I suspect he will be wearing that Millwall shirt from now on, and not just for casual wear. Shame, I think he could have been a real asset to LUFC, and will be to any club he goes to henceforward.

How do you know Charlie had nothing to do with it ? He didn’t distance himself from it

How do you know Charlie had nothing to do with it ? He didn’t distance himself from it
    Dont think HO nor myself are suggesting we are privy to any "inside knowledge" regarding what Crewwelll junior may or may not have said/done, simply that;

1. Cresswell junior has resisted any temptation to contribute to the spat between his dad and the club (mature beyond his years and not the sign of a "big head, one might suggest)

2. There is no publicly available evidence that would support either Der Fuhrers suggestion of some kind of mental incapacity on Cresswell juniors part, or those assertions made by MT regarding Crsswell Junior expecting to start 1st team games

3. In contrast, all the publicly available information (footage of his time on loan at Millwall, the plaudits from team mates and club management from his loan spell and including previous sentiments expressed by Der Fuhrer himself no more than a few months ago!), would indicate a player with bags of potential, able to adapt to new and changing playing situations, and suitably ambitious to feature as a 1st team player for LUFC

For Cresswell junior to remain silent is, IMHO, the wisest course of action. To "distance himself" would simply add fuel to the fire, something Der Fuhrer might want to ponder on next time he is asked to comment on similar situations (and with his record, there will be more)

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)