+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 141 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Season starts in a day. He should have his business pretty much done
    Why?

Can't force players to sign, having targets and getting targets to sign for us is two entirely different entities. Most footballers won't commit to a £3k a week deal in Scotland if they still harbour hopes of getting £5+ a week in the overinflated English leagues.

Sometimes a bit of patience is required. Having watched the West Brom game it's clear that we're looking pretty solid, a couple of additional quality signings wouldn't go amiss however we have enough in the tank to go into battle.

We should be alot further on than 3 in when we lost so many at the end of the season

The season starts tommorow. Any new recruits canna play in our forst two games of the season. Any injuries tommorow and we are struggling. No depth whatsoever

How much commitment are you expecting from someone who was harbouring hopes of £5000 a week then has to settle for £3000?

Practically the poverty line min, why try a f'uck when things get tough?

Nah, f'uck that, go with youth.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    How much commitment are you expecting from someone who was harbouring hopes of £5000 a week then has to settle for £3000?

Practically the poverty line min, why try a f'uck when things get tough?

Nah, f'uck that, go with youth.
    Ferguson has proven he has got something about him in the games he's played. Dean Campbell looks like he can make an impact and Ross scored a peach against Sevco so there are players there that can push for starting spotsi wouldn't be against giving some of those players experience and game time.

It has to be this way.

We may well be the greatest team in the world but we're never going to compete financially at the top end.

We won't outbid Juventus or Paris St. Germain

Everyone sees that , I don't even want us to be in that sort of merry go round.

The frustration and arguments come from whether we should be in the £500,000 - £750,000 league.

For some reason folk think a £750,000 player is going to be better than a £250,000 player

I don't think anyone is stupid to think a £3million pound player is any better than a £750,000 player.

But here's the real problem, (young) football fans don't talk about football any more they talk about money.

They want to be involved in transfer deadlines etc. it's f'uckin sad.

An Aberdeen team should have 8 homegrown players in it at least ( this would include buying in youngsters like Ferguson)

When we need to buy experience it should always be with one eye on them helping on our next crop of youngsters.

Of course, every now and then a player will become available that would improve our team.
    Hopefully when that happens we can find the money.

It has to be this way.

We may well be the greatest team in the world but we're never going to compete financially at the top end.

The frustration and arguments come from whether we should be in the £500,000 - £750,000 league.

For some reason folk think a £750,000 player is going to be better than a £250,000 player

I don't think anyone is stupid to think a £3million pound player is any better than a £750,000 player.

But here's the real problem, (young) football fans don't talk about football any more they talk about money.

An Aberdeen team should have 8 homegrown players in it at least ( this would include buying in youngsters like Ferguson)

When we need to buy experience it should always be with one eye on them helping on our next crop of youngsters.

Of course, every now and then a player will become available that would improve our team.
    Excellent post Donsdaft.
    Our club really needs to become a selling club.
    Develop players and sell them on, reinvesting the money received in the youth setup.

It has to be this way.

Absolutely this ^^

Although football has changed over the years, our golden period involved a lot of players who were home grown youngsters that came through the ranks. If the youth development isnt working now, then sack the person who is responsible for it. Its no good having expensive training facilities, development overheads and wages if we are going to either punt them out on loan or get rid of them altogether.

I also agree that amount of money you spend doesnt determine quality. This is what frustrates me about shopping for players in England, its an over inflated market anyway, so what are you really getting for 500-750k anyway? Surely that kind of money down there is the equivalent of picking up a freebie up here.

Bidding 300K for 30 year old players with nae pace and mediocre scoring ability is poor financial management. You be as well picking up fatty Kris Boyd for free and at least he can find the net. A club like Aberdeen bidding 300k to 1M is big money and you are going to want a return on that investment. I would much rather we brought in young freebies than 'expensive' old mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I would much rather we brought in young freebies than 'expensive' old mercenaries.
    Snapping up good youngsters like Ferguson is a good sign of what we should be doing.

When I was oot in Banchory yesterday. I noticed the shirts the kids were wearing in the park (pa@do c@nt)me and the wee man had a picnic in. Man United goalie top, fake PSG top with Neymar on the back, Southampton, Another manure top and a couple of barcelonas. Not one Dons top and there were hunners of folk there. The first dons top I saw was driving home and we were going through Kirkton of Skene

That's what they are interested in. Its sh@t. Meldrums just as bad.

I'm not trying to force anything on the wee man. But hes now wanting to watch fitba, he asks to watch Aberdeen with me (now had his first game)and he loves watching random junior games. Id rather he supported Stonehaven juniors(his first 3 games he watched involved them) or the Locos and not Aberdeen than ask me to buy him a Barcelona, man city or PSG shirt
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 25-07-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Snapping up good youngsters like Ferguson is a good sign of what we should be doing.
    In a rare show of solidarity, I totally agree with you

Page 141 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast