+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 923 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I agree, us brexiteers are currently quoting better than expected economic figures, but we could find out in 3 years time that we've had actually gone into recession these last few months.

It'll be a number of years before we can reach a verdict, if ever. How many eu citizens think the euro is the best thing since sliced bread and how many think it's the biggest disaster to hit their country, even after all these years.
    Well Greece actually elected a party that was supposed to either negotiate a better deal with the Eu or leave the Euro and to date they have achieved neither and are still in power! The only clamour to leave the Eu is from far right extremists!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    No no, it's valid. Swale has already convinced me that Europe would have plunged into war without the EU.
    After all, it had had, 12 years of sweating before Italy/France and West(remember them) Germany, decided that the EEC was a good idea and signed the treaty of Rome. Which even though was an Economic community, they must have known, there would never be a war now that we traded spaghetti,garlic and sausages.
    Of course NATO had been around since 1949 and it's prime sermon was that member states to come to the aid of any member state subject to an armed attack,

Of course don't let me tarnish this wonderful new Empire,that has flourished and rose to political prominence of a super state that no one even voted for.
    Strike that, I'm a Brexiter. I don't believe in democracy.
    There are times when your ignorance of history is astounding! Also I did not say that Europe would have been plunged into a bloody war without the EU, however it is recognised by those intelligent enough to do so that history shows that nations which have strong trading links and for whom it is mutually ebneficial to cooperate with a far less likley to go to war to settle their differences.

For the record and just so you know

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union.

The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War. As of 1950, the European Coal and Steel Community begins to unite European countries economically and politically in order to secure lasting peace.

If you want to argue with me, please do your ****ing homework first, as all you do is make yourself look a ****! Not for the first time I might add!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    as for it being "an old boys club", well thats *******s and ignorance - it could be levelled at Oxbridge where far too few state school pupils gain entrance but not at established universities by and large where the intake is much more diverse.
    It's far from ignorance, it's (as I said) decades of observation. And no bitterness about it, I took a different route and did OK. But I maintain it's one of the hidden prejudices that still inhabits the business world

take a break swale, you'll end up taking issue with one of your own posts if you aren't careful

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It's far from ignorance, it's (as I said) decades of observation. And no bitterness about it, I took a different route and did OK. But I maintain it's one of the hidden prejudices that still inhabits the business world
    I don't disagree that there is an emphasis on degrees, the point i was making is that its difficult for employers to guage the quality of the degree these days, there are many crap ones from crap educational institutions that were a waste of time and money for thsoe doing them.

Nor do I hold the view that where you got your degree necessarily has any bearing on anyone's potential, however to call it hidden prejudice is a bit strong, like it or not human's make judgements, we all do everyday and when your taking a gamble on employing someone and if you need a graduate, then one from a good university is where any sensible employer will start.

Since when is "likely to continue for another ten years ' a hard fact.

Very little about the future can be described as hard fact. Two years ago you would say Leicester not winning the premier league would be hard fact!

I think you will find that A Turkey wants the money promised by the EU and B Turkey is less interested in EU membership it doesn't suit the current regimes political thinking, so this is just political posturing and will easily be sorted by a few million euros!
    Wow, those rose-tinted 'EU is great' spectacles really do a job don't they?.....

By the way, it may be an idea (if you want people to engage in a genuine debate) to try and occasionally phrase one of your responses in a way that doesn't make you come across as an arrogant tosser - a suggestion I'm pretty sure you will ignore, but I won't be here to see as I've finally had it with this site....

Gaspode. Swale an arrogant tosser "never"

There are times when your ignorance of history is astounding! Also I did not say that Europe would have been plunged into a bloody war without the EU, however it is recognised by those intelligent enough to do so that history shows that nations which have strong trading links and for whom it is mutually ebneficial to cooperate with a far less likley to go to war to settle their differences.

For the record and just so you know

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union.

The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War. As of 1950, the European Coal and Steel Community begins to unite European countries economically and politically in order to secure lasting peace.

If you want to argue with me, please do your ****ing homework first, as all you do is make yourself look a ****! Not for the first time I might add!
    Don't lecture me you arrogant prick.
    If I didn't know better, I'd swear you was actually Junker.

After World War II, European integration was seen as an antidote to the extreme nationalism which had devastated the continent.[27] The 1948 Hague Congress was a pivotal moment in European federal history, as it led to the creation of the European Movement International and of the College of Europe, where Europe's future leaders would live and study together.[28] 1952 saw the creation of the European Coal and Steel Community, which was declared to be "a first step in the federation of Europe."[29] The supporters of the Community included Alcide De Gasperi, Jean Monnet, Robert Schuman, and Paul-Henri Spaak.[30]

So key words federation of europe. ( no mention of this in any vote in this country)
    Nationalism- funny how nationalism is now running riot in Europe following EU policies of disruption to populations.

Then the dumbed down stealth began
    n 1957, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and West Germany signed the Treaty of Rome, which created the European Economic Community (EEC) and established a customs union.

Puppets, that is how we are seen, and mouth pieces like you encourage it.
    You may not like it, but 17.5 million of us have an opinion and said so.

Page 143 of 923 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)