+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 135 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Why take the risk with Sheerin and Robson? It makes no sense. Christ, DM and Co have spent years building this club to what it is now, with consistent 2nd place finishes and good cup runs, albeit only 1 cup, so why risk it for two completely unproven people, with minimal to zero managerial experience? We have had record ST sales, with some good crowds and the fans would expect a good replacement. it would seem like utter madness and suicide if it were to happen and would be completely uninspiring to all the fans. I for one would not be happy at all with such an appointment.

Obviously I cant guarantee it would fail, but I would be almost certain that it would and I would be willing to put my neck on the line and say we would finish mid-table under those two.

Of course I don't know if we will finish mid table under those two, but I bet you right now we will.
    ....is the correct answer...give that man a coconut.
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Why take the risk with Sheerin and Robson? It makes no sense. Christ, DM and Co have spent years building this club to what it is now, with consistent 2nd place finishes and good cup runs, albeit only 1 cup, so why risk it for two completely unproven people, with minimal to zero managerial experience? We have had record ST sales, with some good crowds and the fans would expect a good replacement. it would seem like utter madness and suicide if it were to happen and would be completely uninspiring to all the fans. I for one would not be happy at all with such an appointment.

Obviously I cant guarantee it would fail, but I would be almost certain that it would and I would be willing to put my neck on the line and say we would finish mid-table under those two.

Of course I don't know if we will finish mid table under those two, but I bet you right now we will.
    I get much of what you are saying, however there are no guearantee's

McInnes won nothing with St Johnstone and Tommy Wright has a better record there.
    I would not want Tommy Wright at Pittodrie though, their football is eye watering.
    McInnes then went to Bristol and struggled.
    So he did not come to Pittodrie as any guarantee he could turn us around.

I remember the clamour for Patterson to come in and it didn't work, despite a good record

Indeed, I could share your pessimism for most potential replacements that Aberdeen could attract.
    We don't have a great record for hiring successful managers.
    Other than Potter or Ross, I've not heard any realistic external options that inspire me.

Who would you go for?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    ....is the correct answer...give that man a coconut.
    spot on
    Who would you go for then RST?

I think McInnes will struggle at mordor without his backroom staff coming with him and the signs are they wouldn't want them as part of any package. Plus he will have little autonomy under the many layers of management. The highlight for me is the new scouting team that consists of bummer brown, some dud that worked at villa and another that worked at Valencia with Gary Neville - that went well. Their recruitment team stated that they would do their 'due diligence' this time round, when they obviously haven't.

He would need a couple of years at least to turn them into a decent outfit. Can't see the baying orc hordes having any patience, as they still think they're a big club that should be on the world stage.

Happy halloween to the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Hard to say.
    Easier to say who I don’t want.
    McLeish, Wright, Adams. No thanks.

Have no knowledge of this Potter bloke that’s been mentioned.

Possibly Jack Ross?
    Steve Clarke would’ve been good but he’s just started at Killie.

Why should he go for anyone. This thread is all based on sevco are looking for a manager. Our manager played about 50 games for the pre pheonix sh@t thats going on. Theres no proof they want him, theres proof they dont though(signing up Al Gharafas or whoevever the f@cks manager ahead of him only 7 months ago).

This thread is based on scaremongering and journalism from a rag that some folk wont even quote.

Non event. Dereks going nowhere.

I get much of what you are saying, however there are no guearantee's

McInnes won nothing with St Johnstone and Tommy Wright has a better record there.
    I would not want Tommy Wright at Pittodrie though, their football is eye watering.
    McInnes then went to Bristol and struggled.
    So he did not come to Pittodrie as any guarantee he could turn us around.

I remember the clamour for Patterson to come in and it didn't work, despite a good record

Indeed, I could share your pessimism for most potential replacements that Aberdeen could attract.
    We don't have a great record for hiring successful managers.
    Other than Potter or Ross, I've not heard any realistic external options that inspire me.

Who would you go for?
    Jack Ross would likely be my choice if required. For me it has to be someone who is currently on a high at the club they are at. Talk of Adams, McLeish, Sheerin & Robson etc terrifies me. Okay McInnes wasn’t an inspiring choice when we appointed him, but let’s not forget what state were in at the time. A risk was worth taking then, but not now. We have completely changed as a club and the attitude towards who we get as a manager must change also.

As stated in previous page, Derek will stay and he would always be my first choice!

I really dont get why people want jack ross

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser10 View Post
    I really dont get why people want jack ross
    Why wouldn't they?

Ticks all the boxes

As now looks very likely, it's a moot point anyway as Del is going nowhere. Not to THEM anyway.

But he'll be gone somewhere else soon enough so this thread is still up for debate.

Keep a keen eye on Ross in the meantime. I think he's got the potential to be our boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Why wouldn't they?

Ticks all the boxes

As now looks very likely, it's a moot point anyway as Del is going nowhere. Not to THEM anyway.

But he'll be gone somewhere else soon enough so this thread is still up for debate.

Keep a keen eye on Ross in the meantime. I think he's got the potential to be our boss.
    “As now looks very likely a moot point”
    A bit early for that FTH?....

Page 15 of 135 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast