+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dons v Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Big dilemma for McInnes is what to do when GMS is fit again.
    The first thing to do is ask "are you signing?". Then it can be decided if its a dilemma or not. As if hes off, get McLennan on every game

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The first thing to do is ask "are you signing?". Then it can be decided if its a dilemma or not. As if hes off, get McLennan on every game
    I don't think that's relevant though. Whilst we pay him and he's our player then he needs to be considered. The only thing that matters is who will be the best pick to win the game. For me, presently it's McLennan

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I don't think that's relevant though. Whilst we pay him and he's our player then he needs to be considered. The only thing that matters is who will be the best pick to win the game. For me, presently it's McLennan
    I'm of a differing opinion where I would play McLennan as he is in the future plans . If GMS says hes off. Ass splinters be it

A very good post Don and a refreshing change from the constant bickering and point scoring presently infecting this board.

I'm in wholehearted agreement with all the points you raise although I just wonder if we should just persist with Forrester for the season. I'm sure there is a decent, creative midfield player in there somewhere but we haven't seen it at all yet...
    I'm with you there.
    I agree, The Don's post was excellent, but I also think Forrester should be given more time.

He did make a few good runs off the ball and put in a robust tackle to regain the ball in front of the South stand.

We don't know what's happened behind the scenes or how it has affected the player.
    By coming on, he's obviously still in DM's plans else you'd simply play someone else i.e. Anderson

Forrester and Gleason should be punted and replaced if possible. They aren't going to start against Hearts or Celtic are they? It didn't work, we have better players already, let's not dwell on it and use the wages elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Forrester and Gleason should be punted and replaced if possible. They aren't going to start against Hearts or Celtic are they? It didn't work, we have better players already, let's not dwell on it and use the wages elsewhere.
    If we did that with Cosgrove like many suggested, we wouldn't have a Ballon 'dor nominee on our books

Thought Sam took both goals excellently last night.

Credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    No, Forrester won't start against Hearts and Celtic, nonetheless, he may have a role to play later in the campaign... Or he may not, the manager might decide to cut his losses.

No, Forrester won't start against Hearts and Celtic, nonetheless, he may have a role to play later in the campaign... Or he may not, the manager might decide to cut his losses.
    If McInnes gets a chance to cut his losses - he'll do it and Forrester will be off. Bad bit of business from what we've seen so far.

If GMS decides he's for the off then basically he will be playing the rest of the season with no guaranteed income for the next two or three years. The popular view amongst managers is that the player then starts to be "careful" when they are playing as one injury could ruin their chances of a new contract and they could be without any wages after their contract runs out. If he's no signing - punt.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast