+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Tedious Transfer Talk...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You certainly have the hots for Tom Davies Oz! But what gets me if thee, me and almost everyone else on this forum can see these sort of deals why the fooook can't our recruitment geezers? Apparently Birmingham want £16 million for Evans, give 'em £12million plus Wells and just get it done!
    I think it's the man bun. Lucky fella, but I've saved thousands on hair management over the years. One can dream of these things though.

But in all seriousness, I just think he's a player we could afford if we were to sell others and he would offer some form of creative play (unless it was coached out of him), and he is probably itching for game time. Plus, he is just up the road, could handle a few years living in Burnley area?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    I think it's the man bun. Lucky fella, but I've saved thousands on hair management over the years. One can dream of these things though.

But in all seriousness, I just think he's a player we could afford if we were to sell others and he would offer some form of creative play (unless it was coached out of him), and he is probably itching for game time. Plus, he is just up the road, could handle a few years living in Burnley area?
    Liverpool or Burnley? No brainer Oz!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The constant is Sub, that every summer most of the players we are targeting sign for someone else or like Dawson, Lansbury, Jay, Stephens etc don't move at all. If we would just be proactive for once and get the major signings done and dusted before pre-season, then I guarantee you that the fans would be happy.

I take your point that not every player will want to sign for us, but in the case of Jay I'm assured that he does. But despite the fact that he's now available at a bargain basement price, the tumbleweed continues to blow down Harry Potts Way.
    Think agents sinkov. Nothing more, nothing less. Deals won't be done quickly because agents will hold out for as long as they can because they are lining their pockets. The transfer window is as much to blame as anything else and, as far as I am concerned, the window was introduced by the media, probably with the backing of the agents who just see it as a way to make more money.
    Just my theory, having been close to dealings at a much, much lower level!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Think agents sinkov. Nothing more, nothing less. Deals won't be done quickly because agents will hold out for as long as they can because they are lining their pockets. The transfer window is as much to blame as anything else and, as far as I am concerned, the window was introduced by the media, probably with the backing of the agents who just see it as a way to make more money.
    But agents are also a constant Sub, every club has to deal with their nefarious activities, and haven't we employed an expert
    at great expense to overcome these difficulties. Plus ça change, as they say in France.

I'm currently standing outside Harrod's front window, I want to buy but I simply can't justify spending this amount of money. The wife just said, why are we wasting our time standing here, let's go round to M & S on Oxford Street instead? They might have a "Clearance Sale" on she added.

Sound familiar?
    Not really BT-if it is BFC you are talking about forget M&S and try special offers at Home Bargains or better still Poundland about 5 minutes before closing time...

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Not really BT-if it is BFC you are talking about forget M&S and try special offers at Home Bargains or better still Poundland about 5 minutes before closing time...
    BT knows all about us shopping at Poundland 5 minutes before closing time, he has a state of the art, supermarket trolley in his garage, all polished up, wheels oiled and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    BT knows all about us shopping at Poundland 5 minutes before closing time, he has a state of the art, supermarket trolley in his garage, all polished up, wheels oiled and ready to go.
    Sold it at a Car Boot sinkov. The wife said we no longer needed it.

Sold it at a Car Boot sinkov. The wife said we no longer needed it.
    Big mistake BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Just reminded me Sub, I was talking to Clitheroe's new manager last week at the AGM and asked him about the goalkeeping situation. Last season we had a young lad on loan from Witton Albion and, despite the shocking season, he did OK, it wasn't his fault. Our new man said he'd contacted him about signing for us and the reply that came back was, "Speak to my agent". FFS, this is level 8, and this kid hasn't even broken through into Witton Albion's first team yet. WTF is going on ?

Are our negotiating team moonlighting at Utd

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United rebuild is being held up by their increasingly frustrating negotiating tactics.

Now Old Trafford’s power-brokers are coming under mounting pressure to speed up their recruitment process, with opposition clubs irritated by a series of low-ball offers for targets.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4171876.html

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)