+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: United vs Livi 02/10/20

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The defensive balls up was bad but that kind of thing can happen. One shot on goal in a match points to something more fundamentally wrong.
    But it's happened too often with Connolly. Anyone can make a mistake but he's becoming a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    But it's happened too often with Connolly. Anyone can make a mistake but he's becoming a liability.
    Hypothetical of course, but you could argue he has cost us 3 points so far this season with his f*ck up against Saints and now this. Yes, as a team we should be doing better, but he isn't helping with these individual errors. There was also his f*ck up vs Killie pre-season.

"becoming" jees, he was "becoming" a liability as far back as the play offs v ICT and has continued to be one ever since then. If you play him, you have to accept he will cost us a lot of points over the course of the season due to unecessary individual errors. The sad part is he is actually a decent defender at our level for 89 mins of a game, but he will always have a brain fart which some will be punished.

Our defence isn't great but as was mentioned earlier, the biggest problem is our lack of ability to create chances. Our midfielders disappear when they need to be showing for the ball, no one links up defence and attack and the lack of composure throughout the team is frightening.

Our game plan should be built around getting the ball, any kind of ball, into the box for Shankland but we didn't do that under Neilson and we're not doing it now. If I was Shankland, I'd be begging my agent to get me a move ASAP.

I don't disagree with that but a bigger concern for me is the fact we are utterly bereft of ideas on how to attack. 1 shot in 90 minutes, 0 from open play, sorry but that is an utter disgrace.

Utter ****e.

Passing was feking hopeless the whole game.

Positives - Deniz in the goal, Sean Dillon on commentary. Very slight improvement when Appere came on.

I don't disagree with that but a bigger concern for me is the fact we are utterly bereft of ideas on how to attack. 1 shot in 90 minutes, 0 from open play, sorry but that is an utter disgrace.
    I'm not sure how you can put such a positive spin on our performance?

totally

Been busy for last few days so not been able to comment.

That was a poor show on Friday. Effort and work rate was there but no quality whatsoever. defensively always looked shaky and going forward just non existent. I thought we struggled to deal with their street wise physicality.

Connolly........ what can we say...... this is getting beyond a joke now. This is why i would take Reynolds over connolly everyday of the week. Reynolds isnt great on the ball but 9/10 he will do nothing stupid (st mirren goal aside has been fairly solid imo) Connolly has too many mistakes in him. He is too inconsistent to be a key part of the defence. one interesting thing about the livi winner is the lack of a reaction from the other players. yeah connolly is taking chances but who is getting closer to the ball to help him? no one. waiting to see what happens compared to livi players who are on the front foot. shocking.
    Still not convinced by Edwards either. ball in the air then he is decent (he should be hes about 12ft tall) but position wise hes poor, hes fairly slow and just generally not been impressed so far.

Deniz- Good to know we have a solid 2nd choice
    Bolton- once liam smith is back the better. hes not a FB too attack minded for me.
    Robson- struggled with physicality but not too bad.
    Edwards and connolly - see 2nd paragraph
    Butcher- struggles to be effective in the team.
    Harkes- lacks quality but will run about so yey
    Chalmers- struggled due to being doubled up on.
    Sporle- done ok but why does he get hooked all the time?
    clark- free kick aside dont think he should be starting much imo
    Shankland- not going to do anything if given no service

Appere- cant remember him touching the ball tbh
    Pawlett- just pointless really

just need to get a grip. that performance was shocking. if RN was in charge then he would have been getting pelters. MM needs to realise that the fans arent watching the same game he says hes watching. "playing good football" -LIES.

Lets hope we maybe get a surprise signing or two in to give the fans a wee boost.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Chalmers- struggled due to being doubled up on.
    Maybe needs to ask Shedboy for some advice?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)