+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 153 of 209 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Its an interesting topic.
    For example, if a player gets brought down in the box, gets up and takes the penalty themselves, are they assisting themselves.
    they could have received the last pass as a throw out from the goalkeeper and then run the length of the pitch, but you wouldn't necessarily put down the assist to the goalkeeper in that scenario.

Same with the pen, could it be the defender is actually making the assist by fouling (directly before the pen).
    It's like own goals, I hate when deflections are awarded as own goals as without the striker hitting the ball, there would have been no effort towards the goal.
    I think in those situations the attacker should be rewarded for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It's like own goals, I hate when deflections are awarded as own goals as without the striker hitting the ball, there would have been no effort towards the goal.
    I think in those situations the attacker should be rewarded for the goal.
    He is unless the ball is clearly travelling outside the target of the goals. Which seems a sensible ruling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    He is unless the ball is clearly travelling outside the target of the goals. Which seems a sensible ruling to me.
    I get that it is sensible, but I think the striker should still be awarded the goal.

If the striker hits a shot that is say going a foot wide, and deflects off a defenders standing leg into the opposite corner, the goal came around because the striker shot.
    Own goals for me is when the defender plays it into the net, not because it struck deflected off them.

I know thats not the case, just my preferrence.

I guess that for deflected goals, the striker then gets awarded an assist

Honest query.
    Do they go down as assists?
    No I wouldn’t say they were assists but he has clearly contributed to us scoring those goals.

Personally I don’t think McGinn should start tomorrow,McInnes should stick with the team that started against Hamilton.

The point I was making was McGinn will get picked more than he doesn’t because he still offers something to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    No I wouldn’t say they were assists but he has clearly contributed to us scoring those goals.

Personally I don’t think McGinn should start tomorrow,McInnes should stick with the team that started against Hamilton.

The point I was making was McGinn will get picked more than he doesn’t because he still offers something to the team.
    Agreed, he's deceptively important.

I looked up that the SPFL uses an Actim Index for analysing stats like assists.
    McGinn is down for 4 and was our highest at 4 for the season before Stewart rejoined and has 6 from his Killie period.

Agreed, he's deceptively important.

I looked up that the SPFL uses an Actim Index for analysing stats like assists.
    McGinn is down for 4 and was our highest at 4 for the season before Stewart rejoined and has 6 from his Killie period.
    What this indicates is at least we are starting to have options in the creative side of play along with a striker who can finish chances.
    Would like to see May and more likely Stewart chipping in with a few goals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    What this indicates is at least we are starting to have options in the creative side of play along with a striker who can finish chances.
    Would like to see May and more likely Stewart chipping in with a few goals as well.
    The only issue is McInnes getting the Tombola out and putting square pegs into round holes. We have a habit of going through a blip when that happens.

Cosgrove has been great the last few games but he can't be expected to carry us goal wise. That's what happened with Rooney and why he gets slated.

May, Stewart and whoever else plays definitely need to chip in more.

I also think Cosgrove has looked much better with May doing a lot of the [I]donkey[/U] work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The only issue is McInnes getting the Tombola out and putting square pegs into round holes. We have a habit of going through a blip when that happens.

Cosgrove has been great the last few games but he can't be expected to carry us goal wise. That's what happened with Rooney and why he gets slated.

May, Stewart and whoever else plays definitely need to chip in more.

I also think Cosgrove has looked much better with May doing a lot of the [I]donkey[/U] work.
    Very much so. I do worry that Mcinness will be tempted to do that with Stewart. It was very clear at Kilmarnock that Stewart requires to be played in his proper Dundee position to be properly effective.

It was very clear at Kilmarnock that Stewart requires to be played in his proper Dundee position to be properly effective.
    Which at Dundee was, as I recall, on the right of Paul Hartley's preferred 4-3-3 formation

A formation that could work here as well. Cosgrove in the middle flanked with May/GMS on one side and Stewart/McGinn on the other. Doesn't mean they would be out and out wingers, just front players that like to drift into wider areas.

Would mean we would need to sign a more creative central midfielder

Very much so. I do worry that Mcinness will be tempted to do that with Stewart. It was very clear at Kilmarnock that Stewart requires to be played in his proper Dundee position to be properly effective.
    You are at it ya cad

Page 153 of 209 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast