+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Short list down to 3

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Would he meet AH face to face...of course not, he has the spine of a jelly fish.
    I would definitely meet Hardy face to face, I've never said he had the spine of a jelly fish. I bet you do though Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Sauce ?
    Is that Red or Brown Joe, maybe even HP....JoeFailed?

Alan Hardy gives latest manager update.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-191118/

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    If it is Paul Hurst, fair play to him for going in all guns blazing and saying "I can do this Mr Chairman, but if you persist on twittering behind the scenes, forget it..." Top man. Shows balls, determination, grit, and not afraid to say it how it is.
    Whoever it is needs to lay down the law on AH making comments on the players, it totally undermines whatever the manager is trying to instill. Anyone recall the discomfort KN displayed when being interviewed on TV sitting next to AH and being asked about the owner's twittering? I think I've got that recording somewhere.

Already in the past week AH has said (or implied):

i) At least 80% of the current squad should be transfer listed
    ii) He made a mistake with this summer's recruitment*

Where does that leave the manager with dealing with players? I bet most of them would want out given half a chance anyway.

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Nov 18

Alan Hardy Retweeted Dave Turner

Thank you, I appreciate your support. Tough times currently caused by a poor summer on my watch but we’ll get there. I believe we have an excellent manager about to join us who’ll return this great club to where it rightly belongs #keepTheFaith

So at least no more stupid statements (for the time being).

Edit: Update - so he says it's because of personal abuse and not for the chaos he's creating - the man isn't learning:

Last edited by Old_pie; 19-11-2018 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Update re Twittering

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Alan Hardy gives latest manager update.

Still 3 in the frame then?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Still 3 in the frame then?
    I thought he tweeted yesterday that "an excellent manager" was about to sign ?

Unless he meant an excellent manager from those 3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    That's how I read it

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    I thought he tweeted yesterday that "an excellent manager" was about to sign ?

In that article tonight he says there are 3 candidates he has asked back for second interviews with a view to appointing one of them later this week?

I think he may be learning. His statement that "I am pleased to say I have now shortlisted three strong candidates to attend second interviews for the vacant manager’s position at Meadow Lane. All three made excellent first impressions, demonstrating extensive experience and huge enthusiasm for the role" is a step up from his suggestion that some applicants were laughable (or something along those lines) when he appointed Kewell. He then says "I’m fully aware that most of the mindless negativity directed towards me comes from so-called ‘trolls’ and supporters of rival clubs looking for a bite but it’s not healthy for me – or my family – to see a constant stream of such messages". Quite right, so why didn't you decide to quit earlier, as many of us advised from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think he may be learning. His statement that "I am pleased to say I have now shortlisted three strong candidates to attend second interviews for the vacant manager’s position at Meadow Lane. All three made excellent first impressions, demonstrating extensive experience and huge enthusiasm for the role" is a step up from his suggestion that some applicants were laughable (or something along those lines) when he appointed Kewell. He then says "I’m fully aware that most of the mindless negativity directed towards me comes from so-called ‘trolls’ and supporters of rival clubs looking for a bite but it’s not healthy for me – or my family – to see a constant stream of such messages". Quite right, so why didn't you decide to quit earlier, as many of us advised from the start?
    Like you say, hopefully the penny is finally starting to drop, and not before time!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast