+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Labour

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    They call us Leavers 'thick', you know.
    To be honest, your posts don't do a lot to dispel that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, but the government should have taken on board that a lot of the country were not happy with the direction the EU were heading, and conducted any future negotiations to take their feelings into account.

Did you ever watch Jackanory ?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Did you ever watch Jackanory ?
    Not really. Instead of juvenile digs, tell me the best way you would democratically and fairly represent the very narrow vote split.

Not really. Instead of juvenile digs, tell me the best way you would democratically and fairly represent the very narrow vote split.

The English tradition, first past the post, losers just don’t get it.

Pot and kettle Elite

It shouldn’t be represented this was an in out vote and out won. If you want proportional representation vote Lib Dem.

Do you actually think any ongoing policy would have changed if it had been 52/48 the other way.

Pot and kettle Elite

It shouldn’t be represented this was an in out vote and out won.
    So you can't come up with a fair representation of the vote. Your 'democracy' states that those (nearly half the country) who voted to remain shouldn't be represented at all. Only those who voted like you deserve a voice, ignore the rest.

Just as I thought.

So you can't come up with a fair representation of the vote. Your 'democracy' states that those (nearly half the country) who voted to remain shouldn't be represented at all. Only those who voted like you deserve a voice, ignore the rest.

Just as I thought.
    All general elections end up that way, over 50% of the country don't vote for the elected government.

Just as I thought.
    I see you only used half of my quote, typical Elite so I will ask again.

"Do you actually think any ongoing policy would have changed if it had been 52/48 the other way".

This was an in out referendum not a bit in and a bit out, what part of that do you struggle with.

You come up with a half baked mid ground scheme and then have a dig at me.

You say "Just as I thought" but the main problem with your arguments you don't seem to think them through.

"Do you actually think any ongoing policy would have changed if it had been 52/48 the other way".
    Probably, because we wouldn't have any leaving policies.

This was an in out referendum not a bit in and a bit out, what part of that do you struggle with.
    The bit I struggle with is that not one single person knew exactly what they were voting for. Nobody knew what 'Brexit' meant, and incredibly we still don't know. You are assuming that everyone who voted to leave wanted a really, really hard Brexit. That's bollox.

You come up with a half baked mid ground scheme and then have a dig at me.
    This 'MAY' surprise you, but the Chequers agreement wasn't my idea. The "half baked mid ground scheme" was actually the result of two and a half years of negotiation by our Prime Minister. I'm flattered that you think I have so much importance, but it's nowt to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    No I don't think there is enough politicians or voters, but how the leave voters respond to it is any ones guess. Especially regarding any demonstrations or future elections.
    Let's hope there isn't a lurch to the far right which is happening in parts of Europe.
    May has 2 choices:

1) No deal Brexit.
    2) Cancel Brexit and face the wrath of those who prefer a no-deal Brexit to remaining (a minority).

She'll choose option #2, but she'll do her damnest to blame it on Corbyn. And so far he seems ok with that with his insisting that 'no deal' be taken off the table. She should take him up on it... but then he also gets the credit from those who think remaining is better than no-deal.
    Last edited by andy6025; 24-01-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast