+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

Got to shell out for a top class keeper I feel, the likes of De Gea, Cech, Schmeichel et al down the years with their technical ability and assuredness were worth quite a few points over a season.

We have strength in depth in several positions now, apart from up top - who do you think is the man for the job?

Tough call mate as so many of our signings have been under the radar of the usual ITKs and the B’ham Fail.

Maupay has been simmering since DS arrived, but maybe he's too obvious a link. Also, Brighton now appear to have stolen a march on us with him.

With so little info out there it will probably be another complete surprise.

If only Hogan, Kodj or Davis could hit a barn door, eh?

Sorry, I was talking strikers.

I still think that Butland, Heaton or the Cardiff keeper could happen.

Personally I prefer we go for Butland. He might cost over the odds but he would fit in seamlessly and has many years left in him. He could be our keeper for a decade. I’ve been put off by foreign keepers given our track record.

Spot on Pablo!

At 26 and with every chance of overtaking Pickford in the England set up, if nothing else, with inflation and Stokes need to raise funds, 25m would possibly be 35m in a year, 45 in 2 years, 50 in 3 and a BILLION in 7 years

To be fair our last decent keeper was Friedal. I can't remember the last time we had a decent British keeper. Probably James or Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    To be fair our last decent keeper was Friedal. I can't remember the last time we had a decent British keeper. Probably James or Carson.
    **** off.... Both were useless!!!

Jimmy Rimmer

Although not British, Bozzy was our last keeper who you can say was good without being great!
    Rimmer was great, A proper keeper, brave and Slightly mad!!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    **** off.... Both were useless!!!

Jimmy Rimmer
    James was a bit of a calamity at Liverpool but he was very good for us.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)