+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 167 of 560 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Future improvements. At some point in the future there will be investment in Aberdeen's public transport like Edinburgh and Glasgow. There's no chance of that helping Kingsford. There is a chance anywhere that's near a train line or not 4 miles of single lane road inland. £25,000 a game on private buses for eternity is stupid. Being so inconveniently far from the centre of public travel and pubs is stupid.
    I know we should not feed the troll, but this is now verging on the realms of science fiction.
    Future investments, there's no reliability in that.
    Incidentally they are currently investing in infrastructure. It's called the AWPR and Kingsford will conveniently be situated next to and to the P & R

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    One contingency that has been mentioned is Blackburn
    R
    Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Bring it on
    It would be worse than the arguments put forward for Kingsford.

Why are you All For Blackburn, but not Aurora?

I bought my flat in Aberdeen ten years ago partly because it was walking distance to Pittodrie so I’m not unbiased but reluctantly accept the old lady is no longer the answer. But I can’t get away from the idea that building a football stadium just for playing fitba is a ridiculous project in this age. I was in Düsseldorf this past weekend and marvelling once more at the Esprit Arena.

I’ve been there for football (capacity 54,000, retractable roof and heating) and for sold-out concerts (maybe an even higher capacity, certainly felt like it at Die Toten Hosen). It has hosted racing (Vettel, Prost and Schumacher), Klitschko world championship fights and World Bowls in American football. It has even been the home of the Eurovision Song Contest.

I know many on this board follow German football so will know that Fortuna is a see-saw team (like Partick Thistle used to be) and currently in the Second Division. What makes the Esprit make sense is that it is the centrepiece of the Messe (exhibition fairground), close to the airport, massive parking and trains running to and from Central Station every few minutes when events are on. If I hadn’t spent much of my life in Aberdeen and known the knob-ends the city has as councillors, it would have been impossible to conceive why the football stadium was not an integral part of the new exhibition centre (close to the airport, rai link (maybe) etc … see above). Offshore Europe? Have the Stones play the stadium as Düsseldorf did (twice), put on the best boxing matches in Scotland, host Scotland internationals once Strachan is gone, put down an ice rink in the winter break for proper skating and hold a real Christmas Market. What an economic powerhouse for the region this development could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It would be worse than the arguments put forward for Kingsford.

Why are you All For Blackburn, but not Aurora?
    It was just the fact it was closer than Kingsford. I'm not against Aurora or for it.

Remember

#f@ckitilldoitifihaveto

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    Die Toten Hosen.

Yaaas min

Kauf Mich

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    I bought my flat in Aberdeen ten years ago partly because it was walking distance to Pittodrie so I’m not unbiased but reluctantly accept the old lady is no longer the answer. But I can’t get away from the idea that building a football stadium just for playing fitba is a ridiculous project in this age. I was in Düsseldorf this past weekend and marvelling once more at the Esprit Arena.

I’ve been there for football (capacity 54,000, retractable roof and heating) and for sold-out concerts (maybe an even higher capacity, certainly felt like it at Die Toten Hosen). It has hosted racing (Vettel, Prost and Schumacher), Klitschko world championship fights and World Bowls in American football. It has even been the home of the Eurovision Song Contest.

I know many on this board follow German football so will know that Fortuna is a see-saw team (like Partick Thistle used to be) and currently in the Second Division. What makes the Esprit make sense is that it is the centrepiece of the Messe (exhibition fairground), close to the airport, massive parking and trains running to and from Central Station every few minutes when events are on. If I hadn’t spent much of my life in Aberdeen and known the knob-ends the city has as councillors, it would have been impossible to conceive why the football stadium was not an integral part of the new exhibition centre (close to the airport, rai link (maybe) etc … see above). Offshore Europe? Have the Stones play the stadium as Düsseldorf did (twice), put on the best boxing matches in Scotland, host Scotland internationals once Strachan is gone, put down an ice rink in the winter break for proper skating and hold a real Christmas Market. What an economic powerhouse for the region this development could have been.
    I agree with the point and as I was saying if we were building an out of town stadium surely we'd do it properly, in the place with the best public transport options and vision for the future.

Instead we're railroading through a pretty bang average stadium made for driving to and very short sighted.

People saying Kingsford has great transport links is mental. Maybe great roads if you're not coming from the city. Pittodrie has the best public transport links possible at the moment. Buses from every street - to walking distance, train and just walking.

Pittodrie has the best public transport links possible at the moment. Buses from every street - to walking distance, train and just walking.
    I think people walk so far because the congestion is pretty bad when leaving Pittodrie.
    To say the traffic options are the best possible is nieve

Instead we're railroading through a pretty bang average stadium
    People saying Kingsford has great transport links is mental.
    That's true, both the stadium & parking facilities are poorly thought out. For the parking, it boils down to not having a big enough car park at the ground, Maybe they will buy adjacent land & fill it up with car parking space in future
    That would remove the need for park'n ride ( which will pretty soon discourage ppl to travel that way IMO).

I read somewhere on the other forum that Aberdeenshire had said they would provide ground at portlethen. I do not know if that's true , but if so, would be a better option, if we could get enough land there - obviating the need for the dreaded park'n ride.

loirston would have been a disaster of a bottleneck onto a busy road. again poorly envisioned.

I'm all for moving from the pittodrie dump myself, but do not have any confidence in the board to live up to my expectations with this move.

Porto Ethan would be a nightmare.
    Far worse than Pittodrie or Kingsford.
    Stuff that

Page 167 of 560 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast