+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 167 of 349 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    "They stood on a platform of delivering a Brexit that was good for the country"
    Where exactly did anyone say that?
    I thought they stood on a platform of delivering Brexit
    Brexit, we are continually told, will be good for the country. MPs are therefore tasked with delivering exactly that. They cannot sign off on a deal they feel will do the country harm.

Are you saying you'd be happy with any old brexit even if it f *cks the country up? Or suggesting Brexit is inherently a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    A lot of the papers are now saying there may be another election to stop Remainer MPs taking over the Brexit process.

TBH I don't know how exactly they're allowed to do that, when has the H of C ever taken over the job of running the country from the government before? How is it legal?
    We leave in a couple of days time. 3 years down the line and the scary thing is no one has the slightest idea of what Brexit should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    "They stood on a platform of delivering a Brexit that was good for the country"
    Where exactly did anyone say that?
    I thought they stood on a platform of delivering Brexit
    That's a great argument, WanChai, provided that you cherry pick your evidence.

There were Leave and Remain campaigns in the run up to the referendum. The Leave campaign - backed up by a publication put out by the Cameron government - set out the downside of leaving.

I agree with remain that there isn't a good economic case for leaving, but the public had the competing arguments set out before them and chose to do so. It is surely now the duty of those MPs who were elected on manifestoes that promised to honour the outcome of the referendum - the Tories and Labour - to do so.

Unfortunately the remainiacs are trying to kill off this country's future progress.How selfish are they,to prevent the next generation's huge opportunities in this country they would have in the global world.True there will be a few problems on the way but in a few years time this country will be more prosperous and we can invest more for future generations.Stay in this failing EU and we will continue to take orders from them and stagnate.We have voted,parliament MUST deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That's a great argument, WanChai, provided that you cherry pick your evidence.

There were Leave and Remain campaigns in the run up to the referendum. The Leave campaign - backed up by a publication put out by the Cameron government - set out the downside of leaving.

I agree with remain that there isn't a good economic case for leaving, but the public had the competing arguments set out before them and chose to do so. It is surely now the duty of those MPs who were elected on manifestoes that promised to honour the outcome of the referendum - the Tories and Labour - to do so.
    They did not choose leave because the felt it would be bad for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Unfortunately the remainiacs are trying to kill off this country's future progress.How selfish are they,to prevent the next generation's huge opportunities in this country they would have in the global world.True there will be a few problems on the way but in a few years time this country will be more prosperous and we can invest more for future generations.Stay in this failing EU and we will continue to take orders from them and stagnate.We have voted,parliament MUST deliver.
    So what exactly is your vision of Brexit? How does it work in the real world? What are these huge opportunities we may miss out on?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Brexit, we are continually told, will be good for the country. MPs are therefore tasked with delivering exactly that. They cannot sign off on a deal they feel will do the country harm.

Are you saying you'd be happy with any old brexit even if it f *cks the country up? Or suggesting Brexit is inherently a bad thing?
    As with all things in this Brexit debacle differing views as to what will happen are exactly that, differing views
    No one actually knows what is in store if we leave or if we remain No facts just opinions & speculation

So what exactly is your vision of Brexit? How does it work in the real world? What are these huge opportunities we may miss out on?
    What exactly is the real world ?

Is your view of it the same as mine or the 17m who voted leave ?

Please explain to me what the real world is that we all share .

They did not choose leave because the felt it would be bad for the country.
    I think that's a fair assumption, but what flows from that depends upon how you define 'bad for the country'.

The argument seems to have been reduced to a purely economic one, whereas I think it clear that other factors were in play, notably the public attitude to freedom of movement, the clear Federalist direction of the EU and notions of sovereignty.

The point is that the public had the arguments put in front of them and made their choice. The point that you made - that they were only told it would be good - doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think that's a fair assumption, but what flows from that depends upon how you define 'bad for the country'.

The argument seems to have been reduced to a purely economic one, whereas I think it clear that other factors were in play, notably the public attitude to freedom of movement, the clear Federalist direction of the EU and notions of sovereignty.

The point is that the public had the arguments put in front of them and made their choice. The point that you made - that they were only told it would be good - doesn't hold water.
    You trying to manufacture an argument Kerr. Lol.

Page 167 of 349 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast