+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Luton Town ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Bamford looked certain to score when a cross was floated towards his unmarked brow just six yards from goal, only for the striker to drop to the ground without even attempting to connect. - Daily Mail
    That's the frustration with Bamford, gets in to some really good positions but has forgotten how to finish.

Seriously if you were to list his strengths and weaknesses it would be something like, runs around a lot and close down the opposition.

Weaknesses doesn't provide a goal threat, wont challenge for headers and finishing is wayward.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    sounds like some of us would prefere a change.
    Pehaps Mick McCarthy, hoofball and midtable mediocracy.
    "Sounds like some of us would prefere (sic) a change"?

You betcha. A change that converts the 60 - 75% possession we get more or less every game into goals, a change that injects a bit of "nerve" into those who have apprently settled into a nice easy selection process (turn up, and you're in the 1st 11), a change that exploits the universally acknowledged truth that we have the fittest players in the league, who run around a lot but all too often produce no end product. Sure, change that little lot and I suspect it would be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Sounds like some of us would prefere (sic) a change"?

You betcha. A change that converts the 60 - 75% possession we get more or less every game into goals, a change that injects a bit of "nerve" into those who have apprently settled into a nice easy selection process (turn up, and you're in the 1st 11), a change that exploits the universally acknowledged truth that we have the fittest players in the league, who run around a lot but all too often produce no end product. Sure, change that little lot and I suspect it would be very welcome.
    Is this the same 11 that has got us sitting at the top of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Is this the same 11 that has got us sitting at the top of the league?
    Yep, and the same 11 that lost against Cardiff and were lucky not to do so again, at home, to the team at the bottom of the league. We have done this before, and on current form, we will do it again, unless there is some kind of change (you said in the "value for money" thread that we do best with teams who come at us, not hit us on the break. Which of the remaining games do you think that will happen in?). Just playing "super football" and either losing or not winning is not going to get us over the line. Thing is, we have been like this (60 - 70% possession and tippy-tappy) for so long, we have forgotten how to grind out a win, or hit like we get hit.

Don't know why so much doom and gloom here. We had trouble scoring against Luton last time around and they were awful. Glad we picked up the equalizer against a team which stacked their own penalty area with 7 or 8 players. Sheffield United drew a couple of games at around this time last season, noone here accused them of choking. Also, West brom haven't scored a goal in 4 consecutive league matches. I am more concerned about the injuries to Dallas and Cooper. Dallas is definitely out against Blackburn. Cooper, uncertain.

Don't know why so much doom and gloom cherrypie?

See the back end of last season for more details.

There is a fear we are going to blow it/bottle it..last night just reimbursed that fear.Problem is we won't get near it again for a while if we don't do it this season.

We have put even more pressure on ourselves to get 3 points on Saturday now..if we don't get the 3 points and WBA/Brentford win then you have to say there is a damn good chance we could blow it! (again)

Yep, and the same 11 that lost against Cardiff and were lucky not to do so again, at home, to the team at the bottom of the league. We have done this before, and on current form, we will do it again, unless there is some kind of change (you said in the "value for money" thread that we do best with teams who come at us, not hit us on the break. Which of the remaining games do you think that will happen in?). Just playing "super football" and either losing or not winning is not going to get us over the line. Thing is, we have been like this (60 - 70% possession and tippy-tappy) for so long, we have forgotten how to grind out a win, or hit like we get hit.
    I also said the team has got us where we are, sitting top ffs, thats wether we have all the possession or not,

God help us with people like you if we do go up,

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    I also said the team has got us where we are, sitting top ffs, thats wether we have all the possession or not,

God help us with people like you if we do go up,
    Keep persuading yourself all is ok.

We were here last year, the team had us top or no. 2 for most if the season, then we got Casilla, (great move!), then came Wigan, the rest is history.

"God help us, with people like (me).....", you mean someone who has supported the club for over 50 years, through good and bad, who went to Yeovil, Peterborough, home and away matches against Scum, Chelski, etc, who is sick to the back teeth of seeing us come close but never succeed, of watching us squander money and chances in equal measure, and if having "people like you", or Joel etc, suggesting I and others like me (and there are more this season than last!), should just shut up and stay quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Don't know why so much doom and gloom cherrypie?

See the back end of last season for more details.

There is a fear we are going to blow it/bottle it..last night just reimbursed that fear.Problem is we won't get near it again for a while if we don't do it this season.

We have put even more pressure on ourselves to get 3 points on Saturday now..if we don't get the 3 points and WBA/Brentford win then you have to say there is a damn good chance we could blow it! (again)
    I agree that there is a fear that we will blow it again. Surely though, this fear has accompanied us fans for the entire season. Objectively this year, this team did not lose a game they could easily have lost after going a goal behind. I feel that if we keep grinding and picking up points like Norwich did last season, we will be fine. We mustn't panic. This game against Luton showed me that the team didn't panic when going a goal down. That said, I cannot explain Bamford's form in front of goal. I am not sure he even made contact with 2 reasonable opportunities to score.

Keep persuading yourself all is ok.

We were here last year, the team had us top or no. 2 for most if the season, then we got Casilla, (great move!), then came Wigan, the rest is history.

"God help us, with people like (me).....", you mean someone who has supported the club for over 50 years, through good and bad, who went to Yeovil, Peterborough, home and away matches against Scum, Chelski, etc, who is sick to the back teeth of seeing us come close but never succeed, of watching us squander money and chances in equal measure, and if having "people like you", or Joel etc, suggesting I and others like me (and there are more this season than last!), should just shut up and stay quiet.
    Why do you insist on bringing others in to it, My opinion is all is fkin brilliant at present, i dont need to justify my opinion, the league table does not lie, IF we *** up then by all means come back and spout your ****e, Otherwise for once support the fkin team

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)