+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: For Fox Sake

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post

He was a dud for us unfortunately and certainly not a good fit, almost wrecked what had been steadily built over a few years in a few weeks, he wasnt a success at Sunderland whose supporters don't speak highly of his abilities as manager, nor do Hibs fans despite having an ok season behind closed doors (although failing in the cups against championship hearts and st johnstone) after inheriting a decent side and being well backed before his sacking middle of last season

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    He was a dud for us unfortunately and certainly not a good fit, almost wrecked what had been steadily built over a few years in a few weeks, he wasnt a success at Sunderland whose supporters don't speak highly of his abilities as manager, nor do Hibs fans despite having an ok season behind closed doors (although failing in the cups against championship hearts and st johnstone) after inheriting a decent side and being well backed before his sacking middle of last season
    Something didnt sit right with me when Hibs offloaded JR before the final that his work apparently directed them to. Funnily, or maybe not so funny, there were player power rumours with that one as well!

The players are the same, the management team are different. We are now getting different results but what happened before the change is all the players fault? Of course they are culpable to a degree but the players we have are the players we have and it's up to the head coach to play to their strengths. If that doesn't happen it's the head coach's responsibility, simple as that and no amount of differing opinions from fans will ever change that.

Assuming a mixture of generations post on here but nowadays a manager/head coach can't lose the dressing room. If players down tools then this falls on manager/head coach.
    At the moment it appears Liam has created a better vibe, long may it continue.

Anyone who has ever played football at any level will know that when you go on to that pitch for 90 minutes then it's then up to you- the players, a coach can't teach a player not to lose heart or when so many to have an off night all at once as they did in the 7 in Alkmaar or the 9 at home v Celtic.....we'll not in 6 games anyway. If we are 3 or 4 down at HT then what does the coach do?does he call it quits and take off forwards for defenders and risk the wrath of the fans for giving in for damage limitation or does he kind of stick with it in an attempt to claw it back a bit?a rock and a hard place.

IMO the players let the fans down on both those occasions and it must have been so frustrating for JR to sit and watch the comedy defending from the dug out just as it was for us.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Assuming a mixture of generations post on here but nowadays a manager/head coach can't lose the dressing room. If players down tools then this falls on manager/head coach.
    At the moment it appears Liam has created a better vibe, long may it continue.
    Are we better with a motivation coach rather than a football coach then?

Ted Lasso available?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The players are the same, the management team are different. We are now getting different results but what happened before the change is all the players fault? Of course they are culpable to a degree but the players we have are the players we have and it's up to the head coach to play to their strengths. If that doesn't happen it's the head coach's responsibility, simple as that and no amount of differing opinions from fans will ever change that.
    So fat Tone brings in JR, then fat Tone has HIS men bring in the players so who has to adapt to who? The players to the coach or the coach to the players?.....in 6 games by the way.

See if a manager gets to pick all the players HE wants, to play the way HE wants and he fails then he must die by his own sword, I've absolutely no problem with that but the modern way of managers not having the final say on recruitment and the modern player just isn't like that, they are pampered fkrs with big egos,even at our/their level.

I don't see how any of this matters. We are doing better now under Fox, I couldn't care less about Jack Ross. When everything is going shyte on the pitch folk can't wait to blame the sporting director but yet Jack Ross is golden?

If the manager can't get a tune out of the players then there's only ever going to be his head that rolls. I've absolutely no sympathy for failed managers whatsoever, it's not like they don't get paid up their entire contract just for being shyte now is it?
    Last edited by Arabdownsouth; 17-10-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Jack Ross told the team the game tactics and how they were going to press the Celtic team..10 minutes before kick off and when they went in at half time..his only response was "try and keep it respectable".
    I would have been more upset if our senior players weren't angry and trying to do something about it when their new manager was clearly just going through the motions. Regardless of who was to blame, we had a toxic dressing room and in my opinion...that was caused by JR! Team spirit and attitude are what is needed at the club and that had been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I don't see how any of this matters. We are doing better now under Fox, I couldn't care less about Jack Ross. When everything is going shyte on the pitch folk can't wait to blame the sporting director but yet Jack Ross is golden?

If the manager can't get a tune out of the players then there's only ever going to be his head that rolls. I've absolutely no sympathy for failed managers whatsoever, it's not like they don't get paid up their entire contract just for being shyte now is it?
    I never said JR was golden. 6 games isn't enough to claim anyone is golden.......or brown.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)