+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 170 of 923 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 9222

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Quite right Mangara - I swore at Rats and was given a yellow card, knew I would be and accepted it. Thems the rules. My point is that there is no longer any moderation here now, as evidenced by this "fracas", so DCFC Mad has become the new East Fife - which you will remember was closed down for being unmoderated. This whole escalation could have been avoided if there was sensible moderation (or indeed any). Chris and Ramondo no longer seem to be involved, Ratty posts once in a blue moon, Bloomer has always delegated day to day moderation. So now the lunatics run the asylum !

The lunatic is in my head. The lunatic is in my head. You raise the blade, you make the change, you re-arrange me 'til I'm sane. You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head but it's not me.....

My self righteous indignation as you put it is my way of saying "enough is enough" As you say, schoolyard kids
    Actually, as I remember it, you were rather more persistent than just simply swearing at Rats...but you've redeemed yourself by quoting from one of the finest of albums.
    I'm not sure an awful lot has been said that would warrant a red card...but I'll vote for you as a replacement mod...especially if you put us all up at Ramjet Towers for AF's reaquaintance with Curved Air at some church hall in your neck of the woods...or did you miss that one?
    Could be fun to actually match real personalities to their forum personas...we could bring Tricky...or there again...

P.S. I like the Welsh...they don't seem to hate us as much as the Scots.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-01-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Actually, as I remember it, you were rather more persistent than just simply swearing at Rats...but you've redeemed yourself by quoting from one of the finest of albums.
    I'm not sure an awful lot has been said that would warrant a red card...but I'll vote for you as a replacement mod...especially if you put us all up at Ramjet Towers for AF's reaquaintance with Curved Air at some church hall in your neck of the woods...or did you miss that one?
    Could be fun to actually match real personalities to their forum personas...we could bring Tricky...or there again...

Not red, no, but definitely a couple of yellows

I had indeed missed the Claygate reference but a Curved Air no longer featuring Darryl Way or Stuart Copeland and where Sonja is over 60 may shatter my illusions of youth. Indeed I would prefer to remember her in her pomp in 1973 rather than a 43 year older granny whose boobs may well have sagged! Sorry Sonja

http://www.curvedair.com/band_pics/p...rved%20Air.jpg

Although not bad for someone eligible for a senior railcard!!

Link doesn't work.

It does on my computer - not a lot of help admittedly! try a cut n pasteable version

http://www.curvedair.com/band_pics/p...rved%20Air.jpg

Bizarre - works some of the time and doesnt others

Ok, to cool this down a bit. I apologise.

Ramanag, personally I have nothing against you.
    I get irate on this topic, when I see the same Clegg/Abbott/Cameron/Osborn type responses to the general public.
    "we're thick, don't know anything,shouldn't have an opinion"
    Racist/Xenophobe/Bigot/lower intelligence, to belittle and batter into line. Corbyns army are good at it.

I'm patriotic and see enough to scare the living daylights out of me with the EU. I do not want a superstate, nor do I want open borders and someone else deciding whats best for the UK population. In effect, it's what 52% of the voting population said.

To be slapped down on that vote, is quite frankly garbage and a stain on democracy.
    Yes my tone has been offensive, I apologise for that, but is it any more offensive than the above labels?

Your comment about the Scots/Welsh amused me. I have Scottish relatives. In the main, the Jocks actually want union more than the Welsh. In fact the Welsh, north/south wise hate each other more.

PS, as a moderator. May I just say that folks seem to not understand the new rules.
    For a moderator to take action, is very serious.
    If you incur a ban, it is global and permanent. Do you really want a system that is so ruthless. Your mods may be keeping a low profile, rather be an executioner. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ok, to cool this down a bit. I apologise.

Ramanag, personally I have nothing against you.
    I get irate on this topic, when I see the same Clegg/Abbott/Cameron/Osborn type responses to the general public.
    "we're thick, don't know anything,shouldn't have an opinion"
    Racist/Xenophobe/Bigot/lower intelligence, to belittle and batter into line. Corbyns army are good at it.

I'm patriotic and see enough to scare the living daylights out of me with the EU. I do not want a superstate, nor do I want open borders and someone else deciding whats best for the UK population. In effect, it's what 52% of the voting population said.

To be slapped down on that vote, is quite frankly garbage and a stain on democracy.
    Yes my tone has been offensive, I apologise for that, but is it any more offensive than the above labels?

Your comment about the Scots/Welsh amused me. I have Scottish relatives. In the main, the Jocks actually want union more than the Welsh. In fact the Welsh, north/south wise hate each other more.

PS, as a moderator. May I just say that folks seem to not understand the new rules.
    For a moderator to take action, is very serious.
    If you incur a ban, it is global and permanent. Do you really want a system that is so ruthless. Your mods may be keeping a low profile, rather be an executioner. Think about it.
    With all due respect, to say 'in effect, it's what 52% of the voting population said' is misleading at best. Just 37% of those entitled to vote were in favour of 'Brexit' and many of them were voting that way as a protest against immigration, Londoncentric politics, the establishment and unwieldy bureaucracy. That, imo, is the problem...we shouldn't, of course, ignore that vote but the nation is divided precisely because we are all now being led in a direction that, whichever way you look at it, 63% of the electorate haven't actually voted for.
    Other than that congratulations on putting Cameron and Osborn in the same category as Diane Abbott...bet that hasn't happened very often before.

With all due respect, to say 'in effect, it's what 52% of the voting population said' is misleading at best. Just 37% of those entitled to vote were in favour of 'Brexit' and many of them were voting that way as a protest against immigration, Londoncentric politics, the establishment and unwieldy bureaucracy. That, imo, is the problem...we shouldn't, of course, ignore that vote but the nation is divided precisely because we are all now being led in a direction that, whichever way you look at it, 63% of the electorate haven't actually voted for.
    Other than that congratulations on putting Cameron and Osborn in the same category as Diane Abbott...bet that hasn't happened very often before.
    Ramanag, 52% was the result of those that could be BOTHERED to vote.
    Every election is the same.

To claim those that didn't vote in the %, even though they had the option is lame.
    The European elections is classic of this. UKIP have the majority, because most folks couldn't be arsed to vote.
    That's tough **** really. You had your choice and failed.
    I loved some of the after voting interviews. Students screaming that us "oldies" had robbed their future. Then it turns out they hadn't voted at all.

C'est la vie and **** off. Now you understand democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ramanag, 52% was the result of those that could be BOTHERED to vote.
    Every election is the same.

To claim those that didn't vote in the %, even though they had the option is lame.
    The European elections is classic of this. UKIP have the majority, because most folks couldn't be arsed to vote.
    That's tough **** really. You had your choice and failed.
    I loved some of the after voting interviews. Students screaming that us "oldies" had robbed their future. Then it turns out they hadn't voted at all.

C'est la vie and **** off. Now you understand democracy.
    Going round in circles I'm afraid. I do take your point about people not 'bothering' but students are notorious for having difficulty in knowing whether to join the electoral role at home or their college base. I'm not in any way claiming that all the 63% who didn't vote for Brexit were all committed 'Remainers' however you've got a strange view of democracy if you really think that 37% can equate to a credible majority in leading us down a path with such enormous implications for the future.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-01-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Page 170 of 923 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270670 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)