+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 171 of 299 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

More news from the FieldLab tests we Dutch are doing to help plan mass events safely. Next week there is an outdoor music event taking place where 10,000 will be present. Same event last time it was held was full to its 20,000 capacity. All 10K will be tested prior to the event and again 5 days after it to find out how many, if any, were infected at the event. Those present will wear monitors that track movement, proximity and time of proximity to others etc. This is the latest in a series of ever larger tests to make "going back to normal" as safe as possible.

There is another test currently going on which started yesterday (Wednesday) and is continuing until and including Saturday. 5 bars in Utrecht are open. They vary in size from one where 40 to 50 is full to one with a sizeable dance floor where up to 250 can get in simultaneously. 3000 lucky people have been selected from all the applicants to tae part in the trial. As with the music event described earlier, tests prior and post pub and monitoring inside. How many people applied to be part of the experiment? Half a million.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    More news from the FieldLab tests we Dutch are doing to help plan mass events safely. Next week there is an outdoor music event taking place where 10,000 will be present. Same event last time it was held was full to its 20,000 capacity. All 10K will be tested prior to the event and again 5 days after it to find out how many, if any, were infected at the event. Those present will wear monitors that track movement, proximity and time of proximity to others etc. This is the latest in a series of ever larger tests to make "going back to normal" as safe as possible.

There is another test currently going on which started yesterday (Wednesday) and is continuing until and including Saturday. 5 bars in Utrecht are open. They vary in size from one where 40 to 50 is full to one with a sizeable dance floor where up to 250 can get in simultaneously. 3000 lucky people have been selected from all the applicants to tae part in the trial. As with the music event described earlier, tests prior and post pub and monitoring inside. How many people applied to be part of the experiment? Half a million.
    Good effort The Dutch. Nearly as good as the 20 million that applied for 20,000 Led Zep tickets in 2007!

The problem is, or at least my problem is, one of trust, MA. As you know I wouldn’t trust the current Government over anything else so why am I trusting them over vaccines and variants...especially in the light of some brief time I spent in the company of a nurse yesterday who was adamant that she wouldn’t be having the AZ vaccine, just as my wife and I were ‘celebrating’ the fact that our second doses have been brought forward to this weekend.

As regards the SA variant the figures are worrying and I can’t help wondering how much this outbreak in South London is being downplayed for political reasons with the local elections on the near horizon. I know this is anecdotal but I happen to live in very close proximity to two holiday rental properties and true to form, as soon as restrictions were relaxed at the beginning of this week, both properties were immediately occupied. I have no idea where the occupants are from but replicate such booking patterns across the rest of the Peak District, the Lakes, Scotland, Wales, the Cotswolds etc and it’s not difficult to see how variants start spreading.

Still got tickets for a first gig at the end of June and a property booked abroad in September/October...love to know who’s telling the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The problem is, or at least my problem is, one of trust, MA. As you know I wouldn’t trust the current Government over anything else so why am I trusting them over vaccines and variants...especially in the light of some brief time I spent in the company of a nurse yesterday who was adamant that she wouldn’t be having the AZ vaccine, just as my wife and I were ‘celebrating’ the fact that our second doses have been brought forward to this weekend.

As regards the SA variant the figures are worrying and I can’t help wondering how much this outbreak in South London is being downplayed for political reasons with the local elections on the near horizon. I know this is anecdotal but I happen to live in very close proximity to two holiday rental properties and true to form, as soon as restrictions were relaxed at the beginning of this week, both properties were immediately occupied. I have no idea where the occupants are from but replicate such booking patterns across the rest of the Peak District, the Lakes, Scotland, Wales, the Cotswolds etc and it’s not difficult to see how variants start spreading.

Still got tickets for a first gig at the end of June and a property booked abroad in September/October...love to know who’s telling the truth!
    Why? Would your nurse friend elaborate?
    I know a nurse from a care home who dosn't want to be vaccinnated at all? Her reasons are that they all have risks.
    God knows what shes going to do when they make it compulsary. So anyone has their own opinion, but do they have any solid facts?
    Being an NHS worker doesn't make you a know all.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39755220]The problem is, or at least my problem is, one of trust, MA. As you know I wouldn’t trust the current Government over anything else so why am I trusting them over vaccines and variants...especially in the light of some brief time I spent in the company of a nurse yesterday who was adamant that she wouldn’t be having the AZ vaccine, just as my wife and I were ‘celebrating’ the fact that our second doses have been brought forward to this weekend. Quote

I'm due mine Saturday at 6pm!!
    I see from the daily figures the number of second jabs has sky rocketed as its now 3months of so since the mass jabbing of us oldies first started. I wonder how many lives have been saved??!!

[QUOTE=macstheman;39755275]
    The problem is, or at least my problem is, one of trust, MA. As you know I wouldn’t trust the current Government over anything else so why am I trusting them over vaccines and variants...especially in the light of some brief time I spent in the company of a nurse yesterday who was adamant that she wouldn’t be having the AZ vaccine, just as my wife and I were ‘celebrating’ the fact that our second doses have been brought forward to this weekend. Quote

I'm due mine Saturday at 6pm!!
    I see from the daily figures the number of second jabs has sky rocketed as its now 3months of so since the mass jabbing of us oldies first started. I wonder how many lives have been saved??!!
    Personally I agree with you mac. Somehow I seem to have overtaken you...due mine at midday on Saturday. Was meant to be a week on Saturday but they rang yesterday to ask us if we could come a week earlier.

My view is that there are risks with everything and the blood clot risk is slightly lower than dying in a car accident so I’m prepared to risk it but I was surprised to find a nurse saying she was declining.

Not a ‘friend’, Tricky...purely professional. She didn’t clarify...just said she’d read a lot and was very careful about what she put in her body. Before you ask...I wasn’t offering.

The blood clots. They seem to be happening mainly to women aged between 18 and 48. Those of child bearing age and most likely on the pill. One of the possible side effects of the pill is thrombosis. Might the 1 in more than a million average of thrombosis following a Covid jab be down to a reaction between the pill and AZ/Fgizer etc?

The blood clots. They seem to be happening mainly to women aged between 18 and 48. Those of child bearing age and most likely on the pill. One of the possible side effects of the pill is thrombosis. Might the 1 in more than a million average of thrombosis following a Covid jab be down to a reaction between the pill and AZ/Fgizer etc?
    It might...but wouldn’t it be nice if we could have such a sensible explanation from those in positions of authority? At the moment, over here at least, I feel as if we’re victims of some sort of competition between the Government ‘bigging itself up’ with the forthcoming elections in mind and the media constantly seeking to sell a scare story.
    I’ve made my mind up...that any risk is outweighed by the alternative of not having the vaccine...so I’ll be going ahead on Saturday, but when you hear all the scare stories and the reservations from the EU and, most recently, Denmark I don’t blame people for becoming more reluctant.

Well, took the old man for his second dose today. Absolute nightmare. Took 3 hours to get through from our appointment time.
    The delay queue, was an hour 30 behind and once in took ages to get seen to.
    Why?

1. Due to the blood clot stories, they have to run through an extra info sheet and you only get the jab, after a doc or senior nurse asks you bucket load of questions about side effects and and illnesses from jab one.
    2. Some bright spark, thought it was a good idea to call in jab ones, to mix with the jab twos.
    The result was the described queue and seeing as jab ones were the over 70's, they quickly ran out of wheel chairs and normal chairs, before they keeled over. Total cock up for me.

As a side comment, Serco seem to have employed the third world on minimal wage, to be involved with this.
    Now that is something the government wants clobbering over, for ever giving that company a contract again.

in the light of some brief time I spent in the company of a nurse yesterday who was adamant that she wouldn’t be having the AZ vaccine, just as my wife and I were ‘celebrating’ the fact that our second doses have been brought forward to this weekend.
    Did you call her out for that? Herbal remedies/5G/blah blah is one level of idiocy but not understanding the basic maths of taking the vaccine versus not doing needs arguing against (as I have, with care home folk not nurses but same ballpark)

Page 171 of 299 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)