+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 173 of 398 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    As much as we need new players why is this a surprise to so many people?

How many years under Milne have we gone into the new season severely lacking enough players,it’s one of the many reasons we have been so dreadful during his tenure.

The worst one for me would have to be McGhees first season when we went into the Europa League game with 2 fit defenders then panicked into signing Jered Ifil once we got knocked out.

Just wait until the new stadium starts getting built and see how threadbare the squad is.
    You referenced McGhee.
    Part of that was McGhees utter arrogance that we’d be fine.
    No players & barely a game played prior to Sigma Olomouc
    Back 4 of Young Duff Considine Mulgrew
    Ffs

This season isn’t as bad but going into the Burnley game with this squad is mismanagement & throwing in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    3 new signings today after all

McInnes
    Docherty
    Robson

They have decided to put their boots on again and help Milne in his hour of need. No point paying good wages for further players when the coaching staff can go on the pitch themselves and easily communicate their tactics during matches.
    A win win for a money saving greedy chairman of our beloved club
    This is a good idea and a so far untapped market. Why stop with McInnes & co? Lets get Willie Miller signed up too!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    This is a good idea and a so far untapped market. Why stop with McInnes & co? Lets get Willie Miller signed up too!
    younger that Toni Kombari was when he signed

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Well meaning they may be, but unlike the t0sspots on AFC-Chat, I’d have to be 100% certain of a deal actually happening before I post it on a fans forum.

Twitter? Different ball game. I post any old shyte on there, nobody seems to give a feck
    And as if we need our point backed up, some muppet on AFC CHAT suggested we’d be signing Phil Foden from Man City.
    It beggars belief what some folk will post.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You referenced McGhee.
    Part of that was McGhees utter arrogance that we’d be fine.
    No players & barely a game played prior to Sigma Olomouc
    Back 4 of Young Duff Considine Mulgrew
    Ffs

This season isn’t as bad but going into the Burnley game with this squad is mismanagement & throwing in the towel.
    As much as I detest McGhee I wouldn’t say that was entirely down to him that we went into that game with 2 defenders.

He was told there wasn’t money available for players,probably because the budget was spent on sacking Calderwood and paying Motherwell compensation for him.

Another shambles of a decision from our chairman.

Some of the players chucked it before a ball was kicked too.

There wasn’t 2400 top reds scrambling for tickets in those days

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    As much as I detest McGhee I wouldn’t say that was entirely down to him that we went into that game with 2 defenders.

He was told there wasn’t money available for players,probably because the budget was spent on sacking Calderwood and paying Motherwell compensation for him.

Another shambles of a decision from our chairman.
    McGhoo,Leitch,Milne and quite a few f@cking others have a lot to answer for....on and indeed off the pitch....fair do’s some do not dig Deek/Tony, however what the f@ck do you genuinely expect with the disparity in finance?......TF I am old enough to have witnessed at 1st hand a chairman that was prepared to take c@nts on and not like a few phannies on here that have a personal agenda against our current coach that has his hands tied!

SF

Just because Milnes a c*ck, it doesn’t give our current coach a free pass.

His name is Derek McInnes by the way. Not sure why you struggle with it

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Just because Milnes a c*ck, it doesn’t give our current coach a free pass.

His name is Derek McInnes by the way. Not sure why you struggle with it
    The only thing I “struggle” with is getting a decent wedge on at an acceptable price for certain punts,regardless, I did refer to our current coach as Deek earlier in the post that you as per.......jumped on ZZzzzzzz.......accept it loon that our current coach has done not bad all things considered, anyway, like everything in life, time moves on, however your unrequited love for Deek will always be there wherever he coaches in the future.

SF

I wouldn’t put much blame on McInnes and Docerty for the lack of signings so far.

They will have given the board a list of targets which some to be fair won’t be the boards fault for various reasons,but it’s starting to feel like Milne has gone back to his humming and haying penny pinching ways which will leave us in a mess this season.

I suppose in the end it might give some people on here what they want as in McInnes getting pissed off and moving on,personally I don’t think that would necessarily be a good thing with Milne still in charge and a heavy debt with the new stadium looming.

Page 173 of 398 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast