+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 178 of 530 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    How do you know that?

If he was then I'd suggest we have actually won a watch with him going elsewhere. Troublemaker who is past it.
    I agree.
    If we are after another striker then thank f**k it’s not going to be a past it has been.
    As an aside, I noticed May was injured today.
    Hopefully that’s not the way it’s going to be with him.
    I’m not sure what’s available and what the budget is, but a good no9 would make a huge difference to us.
    Not sure Rooney is quite what he was, May definitely isn’t & big Cosgrove isn’t ever going to be prolific.

How do you know that?

If he was then I'd suggest we have actually won a watch with him going elsewhere. Troublemaker who is past it.
    I was told by someone I'd expect to know.

I wasn't getting as upset as some folk like yourself but if it was such a bad move then why was Mcinnes interested?

I do think we could be doing with an experienced player. Preferably at the back though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The freebie list will be largely gone?
    There will be some still available though
    Maybe it’ll be a couple of loans (inevitable I’d think) & a couple of players under contract (and maybe a small fee).
    Where has the freebie list gone?

Like I said in a previous post we have signed 3 players so far,I agree we need more but Hibs have signed 1 player and Kilmarnock haven’t signed anyone.

This time last year we signed Greg Stewart on loan and I was moaning that we hadn’t signed enough players and got called a bed wetter.

Personally I think we are in a better shape than we were last season,the first 11 is pretty much sorted where as last year we never had any replacements for McGinn and Hayes until Stewart signed.

I think we only signed GMS a day before the first Europa League game.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Where has the freebie list gone?

Like I said in a previous post we have signed 3 players so far,I agree we need more but Hibs have signed 1 player and Kilmarnock haven’t signed anyone.

This time last year we signed Greg Stewart on loan and I was moaning that we hadn’t signed enough players and got called a bed wetter.

Personally I think we are in a better shape than we were last season,the first 11 is pretty much sorted where as last year we never had any replacements for McGinn and Hayes until Stewart signed.

I think we only signed GMS a day before the first Europa League game.
    Aye true.
    And the first X1 is pretty much picked I’d say.
    As I’ve said, I think any signings made now will struggle to be first teamers and will be bench warmers likely?
    Maybe wrong - hope I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I was told by someone I'd expect to know.

I wasn't getting as upset as some folk like yourself but if it was such a bad move then why was Mcinnes interested?

I do think we could be doing with an experienced player. Preferably at the back though.
    Not sure that I was ever getting upset just not convinced that Kenny Miller is a "McInnes" type of signing. I also can't see Kenny Miller wanting to join Aberdeen.

There is experience and there is "past it" which is the catagory that I would now put Kenny Miller in.

Gleeson is experienced. That's the sort of player I would rather we target for the experience roles within the side. Not a striker a kick in the baws off of 40!

Not sure that I was ever getting upset just not convinced that Kenny Miller is a "McInnes" type of signing. I also can't see Kenny Miller wanting to join Aberdeen.

There is experience and there is "past it" which is the catagory that I would now put Kenny Miller in.

Gleeson is experienced. That's the sort of player I would rather we target for the experience roles within the side. Not a striker a kick in the baws off of 40!
    I never said I wanted him but Mcinnes was interested.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye true.
    And the first X1 is pretty much picked I’d say.
    As I’ve said, I think any signings made now will struggle to be first teamers and will be bench warmers likely?
    Maybe wrong - hope I am.
    I reckon/hope that McInnes is looking for another midfielder,that would free up Shinnie to move to left back which imo would make us stronger for a few reasons.

But yes the other signings would probably be back ups,a right sided defender who can play right back and centre back to cover Logan and Devlin,a right sided winger to give competition to McGinn and another striker bizarrely.

Kenny Miller was the best player on the pitch versus us at Pittodrie in December.

Would never want him at the club though

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I reckon/hope that McInnes is looking for another midfielder,that would free up Shinnie to move to left back which imo would make us stronger for a few reasons.

But yes the other signings would probably be back ups,a right sided defender who can play right back and centre back to cover Logan and Devlin,a right sided winger to give competition to McGinn and another striker bizarrely.
    Would agree with you.
    A couple will be loans at the end of the English window I’d think.
    So maybe only a couple prior to kicking off (as DM eluded to) recently.
    I’d say a right sided defender & a right sided wide player are priority.

why right wing over left wing?

Page 178 of 530 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast