+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave great teeth Cormack

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Mondo - you clearly have no understanding of how the Green Final setup worked!

You were entirely self-employed. The van arrived on a Saturday evening, and you were on commission only. The more papers you sold, the more you got. To be honest, it didn't really turn out to be worth it, and not a great way to spend your Saturday night, but it was a learning experience. Not much else to do in rural Aberdeenshire anyway, I suppose.
    Where was your patch?

I'm sure it was green finals that came in every now and again and all the paperboys were asked if they wanted to deliver them. We were just meant to pop them through letter boxes we didn't sell them. I delivered a few, binned the rest and went back later to do it again.

I pinched the odd mars bar out the back room to.

The bright lights of Tarland, late 80s. Certainly in my case it was a direct relationship with the publishers and the paper shop played no role. Had to go round looking for customers, keep accounts, etc. Was a right proper faff! Still, meant you got to find out who in the village was really interested in the football.

Mondo - you clearly have no understanding of how the Green Final setup worked!

You were entirely self-employed. The van arrived on a Saturday evening, and you were on commission only. The more papers you sold, the more you got. To be honest, it didn't really turn out to be worth it, and not a great way to spend your Saturday night, but it was a learning experience. Not much else to do in rural Aberdeenshire anyway, I suppose.

That set up only started when I stopped delivering Green Finals, which was probably late 1974 when I left school ( officially)
    This fact is burned on my memory as my little brother took over my round and actually made some money.

Prior to that I was paid 25p to deliver just over 100 Green Finals.

The bright lights of Tarland, late 80s. Certainly in my case it was a direct relationship with the publishers and the paper shop played no role. Had to go round looking for customers, keep accounts, etc. Was a right proper faff! Still, meant you got to find out who in the village was really interested in the football.

No doubt you has a definite sale to my old man who had a caravan there.
    He would never have went without his green final.
    You’d remember him as a mannie with two cairn terriers.

I doubt it would have crossed my ****age mind to canvass the caravan park. There be toonsers...

The mannie Calder that ran it was a great bloke, though.

(Edit: apparently you can't write t e e n)

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Depends. Did he have a paper round as a kid?
    He did.

Used to scoot around doing it on an affa funcy, shiney reed Coca Cola bike...

I did a paper round for one day only.

I agreed tae fill in for a chum, and given a list o' addresses tae deliver tae.

And so Ah toddled aroon Woodside stickin the Green Finals through the doors, and when finished, wondered why Ah still had papers left ower.

The mystery was solved when Ah got back tae the shop tae hand the bag back tae a seriously pissed aff shopkeeper.

Ah'd picked up the Green Finals - but supposed tae be deliverin late finals ..... so ... if yev never ever come across a a failed paper boy ... errr ... hello ... pleased tae meet ye

Where was your patch?

I'm sure it was green finals that came in every now and again and all the paperboys were asked if they wanted to deliver them. We were just meant to pop them through letter boxes we didn't sell them. I delivered a few, binned the rest and went back later to do it again.

I pinched the odd mars bar out the back room to.
    Pitmedden. Very early nineties. Maybe 89. Can’t remember. Used to positively fuucking race to the doors of the old Huns after a Rangers defeat and let the doorstep debate ensue. The pure rage. Fond memories of that round. Nae so much the sideways snow and wind but good times.

Q&A session pencilled in for next week. Hope his answers regarding his paper round aren't just some PR polished sh~te.

Q&A session pencilled in for next week. Hope his answers regarding his paper round aren't just some PR polished sh~te.
    I've asked him when exactly did Moncler jackets go out of fashion but he'll likely see if and call it all off again. ****e bag Cormack.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast