+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Lincoln City 08.08.23 [EFLC R1]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I shall have a pop at whoever i think warrants one, and not for you tell me otherwise. So get back in your ivory tower.. Its rose tinted people like you that stood waving us off when we got relegated.
    Of course you will as long as its Bostock,Nemane,McGoldrick or Stone
    No I was encouraging and supporting them when we won leagues and promotions and suffered relegations.
    Having played football and managed football teams as well as managing people in a workplace I have found its better to encourage and try to help them rather than abuse and boo them and yields better results
    Got to go now to fetch my rose tinted specs, the suns getting in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Of course you will as long as its Bostock,Nemane,McGoldrick or Stone
    No I was encouraging and supporting them when we won leagues and promotions and suffered relegations.
    Having played football and managed football teams as well as managing people in a workplace I have found its better to encourage and try to help them rather than abuse and boo them and yields better results
    Got to go now to fetch my rose tinted specs, the suns getting in my eyes

As i have said, i will have a pop at anyone who i think is not the right fit for our team. In this instance it just happens to be those guys. I have nothing against any of them, they are both talented footballers. but in my opinion they are not suited to our style of play. If you dont agree then fine, just dont keep preaching on like some religious convert...

Let's not forget you cannot get promoted out of the National league playing football .!!!🤭👊

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Baj didn’t get injured he got dropped,he was excellent for 2-3 games and then for some unknown reason he totally lost his form.
    Once again you couldn’t resist having a pop at Bostock - get over it we wouldn’t have been promoted without him - fact
    I’m wondering if Baj is another Pierce Bird, appears to have some good ability but doesn’t apply himself well enough in training or games.
    I hope not and hope it’s just been because of competition/confidence but if he was good as we first expected surely he could slot in the back 3, but he hasn’t covered himself in glory playing there, seems to me he needs some focus but I could be totally wrong.

The thing about Bostock I have noticed is that he has a really annoying ability to play the right ball 90% of the time, to one of our players, and without whom we would still be in the National League.

Only fault with Bostock (and it does lead to him slowing his pass rate = the attacking game (to a slight degree)) is he is so one-footed and has to get round the ball to play it at times.

Looks like Ruben has had a similar start with Milk Cup FC

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    He came on when they were 4-1 down. But yes, Oxford's start is identical to ours, losses by the same scorelines, although the other way around and both of theirs away.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Not f****** interested in Ruben. He doesn't play for Notts.

We’ve had four years out of the league and aren’t used to (most) opposition teams being any good, so perhaps Lincoln’s performance last night stood out more than it might have done in days of yore. They had pace all over the pitch and pressed intelligently, but the moment that stood out for me was when their left wing back (Brown) went on a long run from his own half, gave Brindley a couple of yards and still whizzed past him. We’re not in the National League anymore, Dorothy.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast