+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If....................

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
    Attachment 13973

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll have a word with my Aunty Fred BT, see what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sinkov, are you really suggesting that our judiciary should be elected?
    Absolutely 59, if the judiciary leave politics to elected politicians then fine, I have no problem with them as they are, but if they are going to dabble in politics then they must be scrutinised as any politician would be, their political views made known and they must offer themselves for election. Goes with the territory.

If you are arguing for an elected House of Lords then I totally agree Sinkov.

As part of the coalition agreement the Lib Dems tried to make this happen. But the Tories and Labour didn't support it.

If you are saying that there should be a specially elected set of judges to rule exclusively on political matters then a moments thought will tell you that this is nonsense. The elections of these judges would become very political and the winner (if anyone could be bothered to vote) would be who ran the slickest election campaign. And how often would they be called on? Once every five years maybe?

The law is the law and we are all subject to it, whether you are a politician or a stay at home pie eater.
    I thought a major reason why people voted leave was so that we could "take back control and go back to British Judges ruling on British laws".
    That didn't last very long, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

As part of the coalition agreement the Lib Dems tried to make this happen. But the Tories and Labour didn't support it.

If you are saying that there should be a specially elected set of judges to rule exclusively on political matters then a moments thought will tell you that this is nonsense. The elections of these judges would become very political and the winner (if anyone could be bothered to vote) would be who ran the slickest election campaign. And how often would they be called on? Once every five years maybe?

The law is the law and we are all subject to it, whether you are a politician or a stay at home pie eater.
    I thought a major reason why people voted leave was so that we could "take back control and go back to British Judges ruling on British laws".
    That didn't last very long, did it?
    I'm still waiting for someone to tell me explicitly without obfuscation, which exact law did Boris Johnson break?

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me explicitly without obfuscation, which exact law did Boris Johnson break?
    Here you go BT - knock yourself out.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2019-0193.html

Baically he stopped Parliament from doing it's job for no good reason. There is loads of stuff to sort out for Brexit plus plenty of other stuff going on as well - just look at the Parliamentary timetable for next week.
    Parliament, The Lords and all the committees were shut down without a good reason.

Do YOU think a PM should be able to shut down Parliament for as long as he/she wishes without a good reason?

Have a word with Jeremy (if you still support him!)

And I reckon that if any normal person was convicted of an offence and publicly said "The judge got it wrong" they could well be up for contempt.

But that's Boris and his mates. Ex members of the Bullingdon Club. Rich, spoilt, entitled, born with a silver spoon up their arse and born to rule.

You can't say they "almost did" outwood. Did they or didn't they? I'm still bemused as to which "law" BOJO has actually broken, but as a Labour Party member I love the ruling anyway!

What really gets me is how can BOJO make decisions on behalf of the country when he has no majority or authority in the House of Commons? Quoting sinkov, "We really do live in a phucking lunatic asylum".
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a4247036.html

It didn’t take long to become an actually did it BT.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a4247036.html

It didn’t take long to become an actually did it BT.
    It's the water in Brighton outwood. They spike it with MDMA.

I never mentioned the House of Lords 59, but seeing as you have, imo it's an anachronism, I don't want an elected House of Lords, I would abolish it altogether.

If you are saying that there should be a specially elected set of judges to rule exclusively on political matters then a moments thought will tell you that this is nonsense.

No idea why you should think that's what I'm suggesting, indeed it is nonsense. I simply said that if our judiciary wish to take it upon themselves to make political judgements, as the SC justices have just done, and involve themselves in our governance, then they should be scrutinised as any politician would be, their political views should be interrogated and they should be answerable to the electorate as politicians are. Or they could do what they're paid to do, adjudicate on the law and leave politics to politicians. It's a fairly uncontentious proposition I would have thought, and inevitable actually after the SC judgement, they can't be like Boris and have their cake and eat it.

The law is the law and we are all subject to it, whether you are a politician or a stay at home pie eater. I thought a major reason why people voted leave was so that we could "take back control and go back to British Judges ruling on British laws".

Indeed 59, now just remind me again...…….which law has Boris broken ?

Only card game he d be good at is chase the Ace and he’ll spend a long time doing that second fiddle to who’s in power.
    Might have a chance at snap BT

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)