+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT Eng v Pak

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    We would be 320 for 6 if EFL umpires been appointed .
    Lol but ffs mate let it go and have a normal, grown up conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s one of those periods where we simply don’t have the players. We are very good at white ball cricket but becoming increasingly detached from the best Test nations.
    People often moan as to why we don’t have 90mph plus bowlers yet County cricket in the main is played in April n May and then September, so all you need to be able to do is get the ball to swing or seam, being rapid is pointless.
    As for batting, again, many moan about our top 5, Root aside, but there is zero batters smashing down the door, again, playing on seaming tracks where most teams have been blown away. Take Notts, not looked recently, but they are top 2 and had one score of 300plus. County cricket is utter tripe.
    The problem I see is simpler, our batsmen can't play either spin or pace!

Pakistan seem to have no issues with the grass on the pitch.

Wood and Cook were banging on about batting for two days (when did we last achieve that) and getting a lead of 250 for them to chase on the final day, sounds simple so crack on boys though we still have to get two of them out before we can bat.

Our lot are only bothered about cartoon cricket these days, slogging it in 20/20 games. We might as well pack in cricket and take up baseball.

Got their last two wickets but sadly we're already 1-1 after Cooke goes lbw, so much for two days of batting, he didn't last two overs

We're getting as bad as the West Indies, outclassed even by average opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Got their last two wickets but sadly we're already 1-1 after Cooke goes lbw, so much for two days of batting, he didn't last two overs
    We only got 1 wicket pal. We only took 9 and relied on their highest scorer breaking his wrist or else this would have been a lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We only got 1 wicket pal. We only took 9 and relied on their highest scorer breaking his wrist or else this would have been a lot worse
    I saw that at close they were eight down and assumed that already included the Ret H batsman leaving two to get?

2 down, Stoneman gone, 31-2.

I can see this being an innings defeat, batsmen are really struggling to get runs, going at just under two an over.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 26-05-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I saw that at close they were eight down and assumed that already included the Ret H batsman leaving two to get?
    The wicket of a 'retired hurt' batsman is never included in the score. Firstly his wicket hasn't been taken, and secondly he could have resumed his innings on the fall of their ninth wicket. For the purpose of his average, Babar's score will go into the record books as 68 not out. I would think we need to make around 400 in the second innings to set them any sort of challenging target, and I just can't see this batting line up having the talent or the application to do it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast