+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we only had enough money for 2 STW signings

do you think that fact is true bfl ? not certain myself but hope your contact was right if thats the case the prince can certainly do one

I don’t know if it is true just posting what I have been told. One thing I do know is the Prince has over promised and under delivered. How can he afford to buy the assets if he cannot even fund a couple of decent signings ?. He just does not have the personal wealth needed to finance this. He needs to go and soon, concentrate on that small local club in Belgium. That is an easier and less costly hobby.

No way would I get rid of Basham. He’d at the very least be in the match day squad.

So hard to know, as we don't know what HRH's motives are. We know King Kev seems to have a problem with HRH, but its equally possible that HRH sees Kev as part of the problem that's holding the club back. Kev will be here till they wheel him out in his box. As much as he talks about selling up and moving on, he's had lots of opportunity in the last 15 years, and nowt much has happened. I don't think it ever will. In these circumstances the best way to get change is to create a crisis. It did cross my mind that HRH might be pushing Kev up against the wall, calling him out, to try and make something happen.

There is still the unanswered question of which of them has the money, and how close are the backers are to opening their wallets, or whether either of them even has big money backers at all. Time for another paracetamol...

Has he had that much opportunity though FKB? I'm struggling to recall any meaningful bids.

I thought he had either overpriced the club or made unrealistic conditions ( job for the boy) to sell which backs up your theory that he'll pnly go in a coffin made of old John St seats.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Has he had that much opportunity though FKB? I'm struggling to recall any meaningful bids.

I thought he had either overpriced the club or made unrealistic conditions ( job for the boy) to sell which backs up your theory that he'll pnly go in a coffin made of old John St seats.

Kev has always stipulated that he's looking for investors not buyers. I'm selling one of the old vans right now. I wonder how much interest I'd get if I said the new buyer had to give me a lift anytime I wanted one?

Enough clubs have changed hands in the last 15 years to imagine that if the conditions had been a bit more attractive, then the club could have been sold. We have the question of who it would be sold to, and whether that would be a good thing, but the opportunities will have been there.

In some respects it is to his credit that he's kept us out of the hands of a Venkeys or Tunaman, but the day will comes when he's going to have to let it go to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    No way would I get rid of Basham. He’d at the very least be in the match day squad.
    I agree. And those who think we can magic 5 top players for next season are plain daft.
    By the way, any 18 goals a season player would cost too much for us.

well chips weve got to find 2 from somewhere leon wont hit 18 next season im sure of that and billy if he stays will only be a squad player

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Totally agree. Basham has been one of the most consistent players all season.

My player of the season-
    1- Jack O'C
    2- Bash
    3- Fleck

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    well chips weve got to find 2 from somewhere leon wont hit 18 next season im sure of that and billy if he stays will only be a squad player
    Lovely if we could but looking at the history of our scorers in most seasons we don't get an striker with masses of goal but we get
    more goals from the rest of the players. Clarke and Sharp must stay and, hopefully joined by striker who we can afford (and develop)
    and this could be a loan or a perm. We need to secure Blackman and another CB and a midfielder with scoring ability = 4 needed IMO
    Freeman should be used on the left if needed.

UTCB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast