+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Police Community Support Officers

This post isn't meant to be personal or upset and it's just based on what I hear and see in this day and age .

It's my opinion which isn't to say it's factual .

Actually not enough people care about public services , the NHS or anything funded through taxation that is supposed to cater for the greater general public .

Not enough care about waiting two weeks for a doctors appointment if you are lucky , not enough care about having your hospital procedure cancelled for the ump****th time , nobody cares you were burgled , assaulted or the high amount of anti social behaviour in your neighborhood .

Investing in public services and making them fit for purpose through higher tax brackets at the top end or through government borrowing are not popular and likely to see you out of Downing Street for a very long time .

Forget about it , the electorate knew what they were voting for at the last election , you don't win so handsomely by misleading the voters .

Investing in public services got trounced , massively .

I propose we keep everything we earn and pay privately as we need them , why the feck should I pay for the kids next door to be educated ? , privatise ALL SCHOOLS , you brought em in to the world didn't you ? .

Can't afford the insurance for the police to investigate a crime committed against you .

Tough let it go unsolved then , it more likely will be anyway as things stand today so why pay for something that ain't fit for purpose .

Privatise the NHS , why should I pay towards your ill health , nowt to do with me is it ? .

Need care when your older ? , sell your house and pay for it then , why should a young couple be meeting your needs , had 50 years of wages haven't you ? .

May as well stop pyssing around and just come out and say it .

The electorate spoke for us all last December and they are never wrong .

Society is finished , wake up people .

That sir is a top post & more than adequately describes the selfish nature which todays politicians have promoted [well some of them anyway] & the electorate have soaked it up like a sponge [see Trump for further proof]
    If you voted for it you need to own it

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    That sir is a top post & more than adequately describes the selfish nature which todays politicians have promoted [well some of them anyway] & the electorate have soaked it up like a sponge [see Trump for further proof]
    If you voted for it you need to own it
    With all due respect Exile I don't think it's that simple .

I think there's a number of posters on this board who came from similar backgrounds and many of those ethics are ingrained in us .

Most of us can trace our roots in mining communities and if you are a certain age it never leaves you .

It's a different world now and millions upon millions of the electorate see things from a different perspective , things that bound us together haven't actually existed for decades now and have little or no relevance to them .

This isn't just around here this could be said about the car workers in the Midlands or the dockers in London .

Even the left of today is a totally different animal to what it was when I first started work , it was massively anti EU and put British workers first and foremost .

Tony Benn would have out brexited Johnson and Mogg all day long back in the day , Enoch Powell would have stood at his side from the right , that never happened in 2016 with the politicians of today .

I'm told as I was still at school that the 1975 referendum resulted in more anti common market literature than you could shake a stick at in the pit snap cabin .

My old man was massively anti Europe and he was a left , practically a communist my old man was , said the Labour Party was a set of soft shytes and selling every working man in this country down the river .

I'm away from this shyte now , the country will be what the electorate want it to be and I'll just count the time down till I get out of the workplace and see our grandson ok .

Nowt actually worth sticking your neck out for these days Exile , it is what it is .

Mind you I'm still up for a scrap with the ownership of our club , just for old times sake mind .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 08-02-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Many aspects of society are heading for the "I'm all right Jack" mentality. The rich and powerful have had little incentive to make significant change to the quality of education and health in the state system since they don't use them. They and their children go to expensive public schools and use "private health" schemes. The rich have enough to maintain a dignified old age. They do not need to use community facilities or benefits run by Central Govt or local councils and are unaffected by their decline.
    International cooperation is under attack with ideas like trade restrictions, Brexit, Third World development decline and climate change denial. My Country First is the mantra of the right--and sod the rest.

Doduth is now represented by a Tory. Dun't come ruerrin to me when promises turn art to be hot air and bluster masked in buffoon humour to hide the actions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12