+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T is there anything left to watch on telly?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    A episode containing comments about the Germans has been taken off.
    It’s now reinstated with a warning of content according to Twitter.

I’m guessing that’s what he’s on about.

Calm yourself down
    He was upsetting the 'world's gone mad' brigade!

I think the point here is that the censored/removed stuff is on streaming services, so you have a clear decision to make if you watch it, it's not the same as turning on the tv and getting John Cleese saying "don't mention the war" by accident.

You are in effect having somebody else decide what you can and can't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think the point here is that the censored/removed stuff is on streaming services, so you have a clear decision to make if you watch it, it's not the same as turning on the tv and getting John Cleese saying "don't mention the war" by accident.

Don't you want people to have a choice as to whether they watch content? Struggling to see what the fuss is about?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    They ought to bring back.....' Boys from the Blackstuff ' or.....
    some other worthwhile programs.....' Harry Worth '....one for the old uns.

Been watching some re-runs of footy, especially on a Satuday, been reading books as well.......Education...Education....Education.
    Bored shi*less atm.
    You can watch Boys from the Blackstuff on Prime, Google Play and You Tube video. You'd be able to pick up the box set 2nd hand on ebay for a fiver or so

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Don't you want people to have a choice as to whether they watch content? Struggling to see what the fuss is about?
    Whoosh.

don't you want people to have a choice as to whether they watch content? Struggling to see what the fuss is about?
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    wtf
    Sorry, might have misread. Out and about. I thought the outrage was that old progs were being removed due to controversial content. But clearly they are still available and we choose whether to watch them don't we? Where is someone else deciding what we can watch? Apols if missed a point

Sorry, might have misread. Out and about. I thought the outrage was that old progs were being removed due to controversial content. But clearly they are still available and we choose whether to watch them don't we? Where is someone else deciding what we can watch? Apols if missed a point
    Come on pal you knew the point I was making surely?
    It’s gone too far loads of programmes taken off air and people having to apologise for something that may have caused offence.
    When is white chicks getting taken off ?

I’ll ask again what message is this getting across ?
    I’m not racist but found it ain’t half hot mum funny or does that mean I’m racist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Come on pal you knew the point I was making surely?
    It’s gone too far loads of programmes taken off air and people having to apologise for something that may have caused offence.
    When is white chicks getting taken off ?

I’ll ask again what message is this getting across ?
    I’m not racist but found it ain’t half hot mum funny or does that mean I’m racist ?
    It ain't half hot mum is available to watch on Prime, Play, You Tube.... If you mean taken off bbc free to view, I guess the BBC have to take into account everyone who pays the license fee and decide on that basis. I would imagine that they will have done their homework and found that a substantial number of their license payers would be offended by some of the terminology in these programs and decided that its not for them to show it. But you still have the choice to watch it or not, and it is easily available

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Correct.

I personally couldn’t care less if I never see another minute of little Britain. I think it’s ****e. But I think I should have the choice whether to watch it or not.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast