+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Avatars - story behind them?

Mine is because I couldn’t get the Avatar I wanted to work. I tried a completely random pic, of David Hasselhoff, and it worked.
    I’ve been meaning to change it for the last 15 years!

I got the full 'barcode' kit for Christmas when I was about 10 year old. I started watching Notts a few years before that, but that Mick Walker season represents the time I first really got into Notts County and football on a deeper level. I loved that team! Favourite player was Paul Devlin.

Loved that season, battling it out at the top end of what is now the Championship against the likes of Forest, Derby, and Leicester. The famous Charlie Palmer moment, and eventually missing out on the playoffs thanks to a Dijkstra own goal. Good times!

Great O/T, great question.

16-time world champion (8-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, 6-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and 2-WWF Champion), 5-time married.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated awarded him their Wrestler of the Year award a record six times, while Wrestling Observer Newsletter named him the Wrestler of the Year (an award named after him and Lou Thesz) a record eight times. The first two-time WWE Hall of Fame inductee. NWA Hall of Fame inductee.

Flair was named the greatest professional wrestler of all time in the book The Top 100 Wrestlers of All Time by John Molinaro, edited by Dave Meltzer and Jeff Marek. Luke Winkie of Sports Illustrated also named Flair the greatest professional wrestler of all time.

Wooo

The Nature Boy........Absolute legend, will never be forgotten and has certainly left his mark on this world.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

16-time world champion (8-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, 6-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and 2-WWF Champion), 5-time married.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated awarded him their Wrestler of the Year award a record six times, while Wrestling Observer Newsletter named him the Wrestler of the Year (an award named after him and Lou Thesz) a record eight times. The first two-time WWE Hall of Fame inductee. NWA Hall of Fame inductee.

Flair was named the greatest professional wrestler of all time in the book The Top 100 Wrestlers of All Time by John Molinaro, edited by Dave Meltzer and Jeff Marek. Luke Winkie of Sports Illustrated also named Flair the greatest professional wrestler of all time.

Wooo

The Nature Boy........Absolute legend, will never be forgotten and has certainly left his mark on this world.
    Wrestling is not a sport, told you before it's a fetish thing for men in near on 'Budgie Smugglers' to oil each other up and play out some weird fantasy!

I'm a lawyer.

This is mine shrunk that much you can't read it. I won a competition for the Junior Mirror a publication for kids at the time.
    The prize was to meet the team but they (Notts) cancelled it and sent me a postal order for 7 and a tanner which I was pleased about because it allowed me to pay the fees and go camping with my scout troop sixth Beeston. Name:  NOTTS2.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  99.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Wrestling is not a sport, told you before it's a fetish thing for men in near on 'Budgie Smugglers' to oil each other up and play out some weird fantasy!
    Expert in fetishes and weird fantasies keldsyke? I'll take your word for it, but you will have to take it up with Luke Winkie not me.

When I used to watch it back in the day, it was always 'sports entertainment' , a physical soap opera, just a bit of fun. One thing it isn't is fake, which is a common mistake from the uneducated on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Mine is because I couldn’t get the Avatar I wanted to work. I tried a completely random pic, of David Hasselhoff, and it worked.
    I’ve been meaning to change it for the last 15 years!
    I just thought you were a big fan of the Hoff

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Wooo

I never realised Jimmy Savile was a wrestler.

When I started posting on here the name I used on the old Rivals board was already taken, so I used the name of a racehorse owners group I belonged to called the Elite Racing Club. Seeing as the club colours are black and white, it seemed a good avatar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast