+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby finances

Selling the club, don't know where you pulled that one one from but that not what he's done. He's sold the stadium to another company and it was independantly valued at 80m so again I don't know where you've got 'for far more than its worth' from

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Selling the club, don't know where you pulled that one one from but that not what he's done. He's sold the stadium to another company and it was independantly valued at 80m so again I don't know where you've got 'for far more than its worth' from
    Boro are understood to be furious that Derby reported a £14.6m profit in their 2017/18 accounts after Morris sold the clubs Pride Park stadium and then leased it back.Gibson believes Morris has flouted the rules.

A snippet from the Telegraph..and Gibson intends to sue.

The bottom line is he's still bitter about missing out of the play offs, that the long and short of it, us turning round a 39m debt into a 15m profit had no bearing on us beating WBA on the last day of the season.

It pains me to say it but if we've broken an EFL rule or a law then I guess we deserve to be punished and i'd have to wonder what sort of advice legal or otherwise Mel Morris was given, but the EFL says we've done nothing wrong so what is Gibsons problem whats he clutching at, what monetary value have we caused him to lose, how much is he suing us for and for breaking what rule, is he suing us for a pound, 100 pounds or 150m pounds?

Bielsa also broke no rules spying but got done, anyway England's golden boy will come out of it squeaky clean, his high ranking bum chums will see to that.

The bottom line is he's still bitter about missing out of the play offs, that the long and short of it, us turning round a 39m debt into a 15m profit had no bearing on us beating WBA on the last day of the season.

It pains me to say it but if we've broken an EFL rule or a law then I guess we deserve to be punished and i'd have to wonder what sort of advice legal or otherwise Mel Morris was given, but the EFL says we've done nothing wrong so what is Gibsons problem whats he clutching at, what monetary value have we caused him to lose, how much is he suing us for and for breaking what rule, is he suing us for a pound, 100 pounds or 150m pounds?

EFL had said we had done “nothing wrong”?.....”We had broken no law”? It pains me to say we’ve broken no rule but got punished non-the-less.
    It’s over and done with, behind us now, but how sweet it would be to see you lot squirming for awhile.

Beat me to it NW

Nothing irregular about our finances thank you very much, its just boro have jumped on your travelling bandwagon of bitterness, we twice offered them opportunities in writing to view our accounts with their accountants and both time they declined, the EFL are also happy with what Derby did with the ground, not sure why i'm having to explain it but you dullards are a bit thick up this this neck, so tell us all the how much are they suing us for and how was it calculated, what loss have they incurred that they have put a value to........which no one knows and also which rule we have breached?

They have no intention of suing us thats why we weren't inform through the normal legal channels, rather use facebook to tell us. Its all done to try and destabilise the team before the big game that your not taking part in
    See how smug you are hopefully when villa smash you to bits
    No fat frank he will piss off where he belongs
    Hopefully the EFL will deduct you12 points and rightly so

Mel Morris is a cnut end of

Still bitter I see

Still bitter I see
    I was not bitter one bit
    But now it has come out you are cheating *******s hopefully Gibson will take you to the cleaners lose against villa and you lot are ****ed

How have we cheated? We weren't the first club to do it, and whether we win or lose at villa has nothing to do with selling our ground, in business to raise cash sometimes you have to sell some assets, how is that illegal? Wasn't long ago (2007) Leeds had to sell a fair few assets

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)