+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: memories of ipswich

surely your old enough rod to remember that 1961 game lol and that seaman save was brilliant but pesci should have buried it wasnt quite as good as banksys save from peles header in 1970 world cup best save ive ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    surely your old enough rod to remember that 1961 game lol and that seaman save was brilliant but pesci should have buried it wasnt quite as good as banksys save from peles header in 1970 world cup best save ive ever seen
    I know it weren't as good as Banksy's mate but i wasn't at that game in Mexico in 1970.1964 was the first game i remember seein at BDBL,3-3 against Spurs after bein 3-1 up at H/T. UTCB

oh your just a youth rod lol didnt go to that game but remember it didnt greavsie get 2 for spurs that day ?

Yes, Shoreham, I remember Tony Fields mazy run but didn't he beat 7 men? Well 6, as you say, but he beat one man twice by turning round and running back towards our goal and then nut megging the same bloke on his way forward again. May be a bit of piggies type exaggeration there. In fact, I thought he was hardly ever in full control of the ball and seemed to stumble through their defence and confuse himself as much as them.Perhaps not- just an impression I had at the time. Also, cannot recall the 1961 promotion game although I am sure I was there as I was in my 20's by then.
    You are right Charlie JJ That dribble was about the only thing Tony Field ever did- but always appreciated his effort.

ipswich had a great front 2 back then ray crawford and ted phillips think they won first division in 62 under alf ramsey as for tony fields goal your right never lifted his head all way through that dribble lol

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Ipswich hated us before this like forest last week they still hold it against us for knocking them out of the play offs a few yrs previous we drew 1-1 at the lane and went through on away goals (they counted back then) after drawing 2 a piece down there us bein down to 10 men (mark Patterson sent off) and Kelly hobbling about in goal for last half hour at least they were big favourites but we turned them over on a night when my nerves were in shreds boy did we celebrate though at the full time whistle,palace wiped the smile off our faces at Wembley though. TWENTY yrs ago doesn't time fly
    Wasn't it Nick Henry who got sent off?

Needless challenge when we were right under the cosh and he put his knee firmly into the chest of one of theirs who was alreay on the floor right in front of the ref

Yes i believe you're right TT as I said,20 yrs ago,the brain gets fuggled

didnt the aeroplane boy get our goal in first leg ? mind wot a let down that final was against palace we never turned up and could never understand kendall taking katchuro off he was our only hope and we had smashed em 3 0 at the lane 3 weeks before which could have been 6 will never forget that ball going over the rooted simon tracey in last minute !!!

Didn't we have a problem with Tarrichio (if that's how you spell it) spitting at Dane Whitehouse at the Lane? I was there for the 7-0 and Gracie Fields goal too. Also remember Kelly's one arm heroics in play off semi. Other than that no fond memories of the Tractor Boys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12