+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The academy 'Scores' again.

re: The academy 'Scores' again.

I don't think it was Somerset. Usual garbage about where has the money gone and what is the point of the Academy. We know where the money has gone and we know the point of the Academy. So, no, not really postive

Timmy Timmy how can you say its Garbage to ASK where the Money has Gone what Blue Moon are you on!The games Run on money money money,ask the Board!on 2nd thoughts don't bother there is No one in.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I don't think it was Somerset. Usual garbage about where has the money gone and what is the point of the Academy. We know where the money has gone and we know the point of the Academy. So, no, not really postive
    Usual garbage? Well you are entitled to your opinion even though many many fans have been asking where 27 million has gone and 5 million over just the last two years? I have never ever said what was the point of the academy and shows you don't actually read these posts at all. I have said we could have the same academy as we had before we went to RH and Dario ran it almost single handed at the same time as being the Manager. It is my belief that a club our size cannot afford Cat 2 where most clubs in L1 and L2 can't either and and if it was the answer then everyone would have one especially bigger clubs in L1 than we are. I think we could do exactly the same with Cat3 Academy and still attract the local kids as we would an

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    It was a very good win though and hope it can restart the season.
    Could that be construed as a hint of positivity, Mike?
    If only itwasin would follow suit! [/quote]

I'm always positive, you know that!

There is always 3 more points to be had the next game!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Nobody yet as been able to get the board to come clean of where the 5 million has gone from Powell, Murphy and Westwood?
    Have you tried asking them?

It is not garbage to ask where the money has gone. It has been done. Again and again. And again! The money has gone on keeping the club in business, keeping the Academy going and paying staff. More interesting to talk about the success of yet another player from our Academy and the prospect of seeing another 3 or 4 over the next 12/18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    It is my belief that a club our size cannot afford Cat 2 where most clubs in L1 and L2 can't either and and if it was the answer then everyone would have one especially bigger clubs in L1 than we are.

C'mon Mike, are you being deliberately mischievous?
    *NO-ONE* (on here anyway) has *ever* suggested that the Academy is *THE* answer in the same way that no-one has ever suggested that Port Vale trying to build their team around everyone else's cast-offs (predominately ours!) is the answer either.

It's just that this is our chosen policy, that is theirs and so on.

A great result today. With a much depleted squad we once again had to dip into our Academy pool. Eleven of todays squad being graduates. Pity we are still bottom but we are only two points adrift. The future is looking brighter. COYR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12