+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D4l

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Why don’t Dee4life do something constructive, like raising funds, or using funds to purchase as many season tickets as possible, then give them out to schools or deserving causes, this would gain them support from the fans, help the team and club and maybe, just maybe Nelms will see a better side of them,

I just don’t get the obsession with a seat on the board, when we had people on the board they weren’t exactly taking the club in the right direction, and if some got there way the Yanks wouldn’t be here now, we’d probably be in league two, but at least we’d have a team, as some used to say
    You may remember that back in the summer of 2013 a Dundee supporter living in Australia called Scott Lockie organised a fans fundraising scheme where season tickets were purchased for school children and the season tickets were handed to schools throughout Dundee to be handed out to deserving pupils.
    It was a disaster as the season tickets sat in teachers drawers and were never handed out to pupils.
    It came to light when there was a scramble for tickets for the last game of the 2013-14 season against Dumbarton and these season tickets were handed back to the club unused.
    Are you aware that the Keyes Corporation Charitable Foundation donated £100,000 to the Dundee FC in the Community Trust in 2019 to purchase season tickets and match day tickets for disadvantaged people to attend Dundee FC home games.

Why don’t Dee4life do something constructive, like raising funds, or using funds to purchase as many season tickets as possible, then give them out to schools or deserving causes, this would gain them support from the fans, help the team and club and maybe, just maybe Nelms will see a better side of them,

I just don’t get the obsession with a seat on the board, when we had people on the board they weren’t exactly taking the club in the right direction, and if some got there way the Yanks wouldn’t be here now, we’d probably be in league two, but at least we’d have a team, as some used to say
    Dee4life are the largest shareholder after FPS and according to Rules 79-82 in the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association they are entitled to a Primary and Secondary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    You should know that if you do not use something you ultimately lose it.
    Other football clubs have fans representatives on their board of directors so why not Dundee Football Club Limited especially as it is in the rules which FPS signed up to in August 2013.

In September 2022 Dee4life offered to pay for the full cost of the installation of an E ticketing system in Dens Park but John Nelms turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Dee4life are the largest shareholder after FPS and according to Rules 79-82 in the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association they are entitled to a Primary and Secondary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    You should know that if you do not use something you ultimately lose it.
    Other football clubs have fans representatives on their board of directors so why not Dundee Football Club Limited especially as it is in the rules which FPS signed up to in August 2013.
    I don’t disagree with you, I just don’t see the point in them being on the board, maybe distribution of tickets could be done better

I don’t disagree with you, I just don’t see the point in them being on the board, maybe distribution of tickets could be done better
    If Dee4life had their primary and secondary representatives on the DFC board of directors there might not have been the shambles regarding the allocation of tickets available for sale to season ticket holders prior to the Queens Park match on 28th April 2023.
    The Directors would have all decided whether to take the offer from Dee4life to install an E ticketing scheme into Dens Park last September 2022.

The Club must have assumed that the teachers would be capable of distributing the free season tickets to pupils at their school.
    In hindsight it should have been left to the headmaster/ rector of each school to distribute them to each deserving pupil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)